1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Find Therapeutic?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Okay, so maybe not exactly therapeutic. Maybe, relaxing?

I have a friend who swears he finds doing dishes by hand is therapeutic.

Me? Well, the Mrs. Incaviglia and I are expecting and we're doing the baby's room in Winnie the Pooh theme (her call, not mine. Although we've agreed if it's a boy I can start the "sports changeover" quickly). To save some cash, instead of buying those wall sticker things I decided to buy a coloring book and Crayola crayons and color 8X10 "photos" of the old bear and frame them in old frames I had in the closet.

I gotta tell you, coloring is AWESOME. I'm 30. And coloring rules! There. I said it.

I also collect baseball cards, and I love just sitting at the kitchen table and putting sets in order. I get lost in it.

Anyone else have some weird things that relax you?

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

first sexual comment by post five.....

I actually enjoy mowing the lawn. Enjoy the outdoors, the look of a freshly mown yard, etc. A very serene experience from my view.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

therapeutic....putting needles in voodoo dolls of people I hate or who are pissing me off. :D

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Pooping. Oh wait, wrong thread.

I agree Captain_Kirk, mowing the lawn can be very relaxing, except when it is a 110 out and you can't get the damn mower to start and you feel like you might have a coronary pulling on that stupid little rope over and over.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

True, when the temps hit the 'holy fuck, it's hot out' range, it does lose some of its luster.....

6. Mowing the lawn
    Chopping wood with an 8-pound sledge hammer and wedges
    Walking in the woods with my kids
    Drinking beer, eating chips and salsa and playing God of War

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Hanging out with good friends.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What is God of War?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We live in an apartment now but I used to find there was nothing better than listening to a ball game on the radio and working in my vegetable garden. My tomatoes were 4H worthy.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

hookers and blow

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There's a man in downtown LA who gives shoeshines that last about 20 minutes. Pure bliss.

I second the yard-work-as-therapy thought. I'm the only homeowner on my block who takes care of his own yard -- even the Hispanic guy across the street laughs at me and says "hell, even I don't mow my own yard!"

12. The Greatest Playstation 2 game ever created!

Draft saved Draft deleted