1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you endorse?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Nov 3, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So I'm flipping through the SWA Halle Berry issue of Esquire and they have this running "what do you endorse" feature throughout the magazine, which also features endorsements in every congressional and senatorial race as well as the presidential race. Anyway, I thought the what you endorse thing might be fun here. It's not a political thing so much as just something you thing people should do, try or experience.

I'm endorsing grilling on a charcoal grill. Until last summer, I'd never really done any significant amount of cooking. Microwaving frozen burritos doesn't count. But there's something very manly and satisfying about lighting a fire and putting meat on it. And I've found that eating your own cooking is better than eating someone else's cooking. That $25 for the grill is quite possibly the best $25 I've ever spent.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Couldn't agree more.

I endorse a good night's sleep of which I haven't had one of in more than month.

3. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I endorse a mix of ketchup and mayo with a touch of tabasco (or other hot sauce if you prefer) for dipping fries in.

I endorse eliminating Spring Forward/Fall Back. Or maybe just Springing back as well.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I endorse college football. And beautiful women. In that order, too.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NW, I thought about starting this exact thread after reading that issue.

I endorse beards. At least once, every man should try to grow one. And at least once, every man with a beard should go several months without trimming it.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I endorse my local bar and I endorse karaoke.

That is all.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I endorse not wearing the same footwear on consecutive days. Leather needs at least one day to recover from the quarter-cup of foot sweat (using cedar shoe trees or stuffing the shoes with newsprint will help) and will last much longer if they get that rest.

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I endorse sipping a cold beer or two for an hour in a jacuzzi. Company is preferred, but certainly not necessary.

And I second Inky's beard statement.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I endorse Frank's clothing/shoe tips. :D

I also endorse buffalo chicken.

10. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

I endorse leaning back in a chaise in the backyard in the hour just before sundown with something cold to sip close at hand.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I endorse red wine. You can get pretty good stuff cheap these days. And it's supposedly better for you than beer or sniffing glue.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I endorse Chilean red wine and a beauteous melange of vodka and raspberry Sourpuss.

Which, in turn, allows me to endorse drunk posting.

Draft saved Draft deleted