1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you eat for lunch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Jun 27, 2019.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, there are times I get annoyed enough with my co-workers where I am tempted to do this.

expendable likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If I go out for lunch, I'll try to mix it up and stay away from burgers unless it's a burger place I really like. For instance, there's a Thai place in town that's on heavy rotation.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I eat interns.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Something that's easy to reheat. :)

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As part of eating healthier, I try to be disciplined for breakfast and lunch. So I have a salad with either salmon/shrimp or grilled chicken every weekday. My company has a subsidized cafeteria and they have a kale salad with fresh ingredients which doesn’t cost more than $8.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Walking around today I looked at all the bad food (but so enjoyable) that I used to eat: pizza, hot sandwiches, fried chicken sandwiches, Popeye's Chicken (my fav treat!) and thought of how unhealthy I was. So today had a large kale salad with avocado, egg, bell peppers and tomatoes. The hardest thing I've had to teach myself was that I was being satisfied and full with the salad and having done it, I feel so much better health wise (also for a guy who topped out at 162, getting to 148 in 3 mos feels great).

lakefront likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Kale is fucking horrible.

Spinach is so much better tasting.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Topped out at 162. What are you, 4’11”?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was on a burrito streak for about two weeks - I like something hot that doesn't take a lot of prep time - plus pretty afordable and filling. This week, noodles. More prep, but I was getting sick of burritos.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

5’9”

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah but great for you and don’t want spinach every time

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Quick lunch of choice: Two jalapeno cheese tornados from the convenience store. Like those things.

Draft saved Draft deleted