1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do when you get a f***in haircut--and it's f***in awful??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 23, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Everyday is a bad hair day for me. Today is a Titanic meets the Hindenberg meets hunting with Dick Cheney bad hair day.

I finally listened to my wife and went to get a fucking haircut. It's not that long, but we're going to see family in the morning so I may as well look neat, right?

So I went to a chain place...let's call it Supercuts, because that's the name of it. I know, I know: My first mistake. But when you have crappy hair like me, there's only so much you can do with it. So I've found a haircut I like and my wife likes at Supercuts.

I get in there and the woman asks what I want. I say the number 2 (how appropriate), which is very short, but not buzzed, above the ears and in the back and a little longer on top. She says fine. She goes to work and I go to work reading GQ.

Damn that Keith Olbermann Q&A and the feature on the PerezHilton.com guy, because if they weren't so interesting I might have noticed the train wreck occuring atop my head. She finally says "How's that?" and I kid you not: When I looked up, I got dizzy. It was awful, just awful. It's like a bowlcut times 10. I look like a wanna-be hipster circa 1994. I've got this mop of hair on top and ALMOST NOTHING around the ears and in the back.

It's so awful. I stammered out "Uhh a little more off the top please" as I tried to think of how quick I could get home to get a hat before I went to play cards. I probably should have said something to her, something along the lines of "You should get 5 to 10 for this act of violence," but what's the use of bitching to a hairdresser about a haircut? She's not going to pull the hair off the floor and re-apply it.

I got out of there as fast as I could and got on the phone with my wife. I tell her I'm wearing a hat for the next several months. She says it can't be that bad (she's at her grandmother's house tonight) and I say, oh yes, it can. She says her hairdresser is great and can do wonders with anything so we'll go see her next week. I say she better be the Dr. House of hairdressers, because this is just fucking awful. I also say this wouldn't happen if, you know, I WAS ALLOWED TO KEEP MY HAIR THE LENGTH I WANTED!!!! That, predictably, did not go over well.

So that's where I am: Sporting a hat that is now permanently affixed to my head. Never have I wished for male pattern baldness like I do right now.

And fuckabuncha Supercuts. More like BludgeonedCuts.

Anyone else ever been violated at the hairdresser? How long until I can show my face again?
  2. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

When all else fails:

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Get it all cut off. I've gone the better part of a decade never having to comb my hair. It's great.
  4. pallister

pallister Guest

You mean that's not what you normally look like?
  5. BYH

BYH Active Member

No way. I don't like how I look with really short hair, I'm not going to shave it.

Though I'm thinking I may not have a choice.

Edit: No, I usually look like this:

:D :D ;D ;D

I'd almost rather look like that than this.
  6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

BYH's new look?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Worse. Much worse. Think a lot less around the ears worse.

I'd gladly accept that Oasis dude's hair right now.
  8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Metal Sludge! Kick ass!!! (only mpcincal will get that)
  9. pallister

pallister Guest

This thread is cracking me up. At least your haircut's bringing joy to someone. :)
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

In a morbid way, I can't wait to see my wife tomorrow. She's going to be shocked at how bad this is.
  11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Is Modells closing out the now-defunct Diamondbacks caps?
  12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ha. Who knows? I may ask my wife to stop there during her Black Friday shopping.
Draft saved Draft deleted