1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do on your day's off?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Dec 10, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I never smoked pot or banged college girls. :-\

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, truth be told, I didn't either. I smoked pot on occasion for a few years. Then I banged my first college girl and that pretty much ended the pot-smoking. I believe she's cleaning the bathroom right now. I can hear the racket and smell the chemicals. The in-laws are coming in the morning, and that, most definitely, is a good reason to start smoking pot again.

3. Heineken has good suggestions. I recently have started trying to learn to cook, a process that easily engulfs hours if you're a novice.

World of Warcraft is excellent for whiling away idle time... but can also be the computerized, pixellated equivalent of uncut heroin if one isn't careful.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of trying to learn guitar. Is it too late at 35?

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Everything is too late at 35 :D
    *runs away*

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Well, I clean all sorts of poo. I clean poop from diapers, from litter boxes, I clean smeary-smudged poop from that and tiny flecks of poop on the walls behind it. Then I sweep and mop what's left. I suppose one could say I am of poop but not from it.

7. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Boy am I late to this discussion. Sorry.

I'll choose one of three options 98 percent of the time, especially since my off days come in the summer.

1. Wake up kinda early, drive two hours to the mountains, fly-fish until dark and never see a soul, drive two hours back and grill fresh-caught trout. (But I always pull some grillable meat out of the freezer in case I come home empty-handed).
    2. Sleep late, play golf.
    3. Sleep late. Pour Bailey's and Bushmill's in my coffee, do a shot of Bushmill's, watch sports, sleep, wake up, do a shot of Bushmill's and another, and another, and another, flip off the WSOP which came on as the game I was watching ended, light the fire, grill raw meat and wash it down with Bushmill's on the rocks.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I drink beer and bang college boys :D

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I try to get in an extra session - two if my knees aren't locking up - on my bike to make up for missing too many on days I do work.

But that may slow down as I'm trying to help take care of a parent whose health isn't the best. While it's not required, I've been asked to drop by home - a 2.5-hour by vehicle - as my mother is a Type A workaholic and I'm the only child.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My type of woman. Where do I sign up?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I try and do as little as possible. Seriously.

Problem is, a lot of the time I have off during the week, like on Mondays and Tuesdays. No live sports to watch during the day, so usually I get things done that need to get done. Car maintenance, haircuts, errands, etc.

Wish I could provide a better answer than this, but I can't.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There's an application on the cheer up, sportschick thread. It's 4 pages long, but worth it in the end ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted