1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do if you don't want anything for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Just pick up the Sunday ad section. You'll discover that you need all sorts of shit you didn't think you needed. Bet you don't have Turner and Hooch on Blue Ray? Well, for just $9.99, who can pass up the opportunity?

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I get shit every year at my family Christmas party.

On Thanksgiving we all go to somebody's house in the evening for pie and cheese and crackers just to see each other. This is my bro and sis and all my cousins and their families. About 23 adults and a mess of kids.
    So we pick names for secret santa so we don't try and buy for everyone, just the name we pick. We all write our name on the slip and put three things we want - price range between $20-30 dollars.
    Every year I try to send the message I don't want anything, I'd rather just give. So on my slip - every year - I will put a donation to your favorite charity (not including Planned Parenthood, United Way or anything associated with an abortion clinic).
    Every year I get the same why does he have to be such an asshole? Why can't he just make it easy and write what he wants. They don't understand that a donation is what I want? I put it every year. Of course the first year of this was the best, when my cousin's girlfriend, who not only has had two abortions, but actually does work for Planned Parenthood got my name. That ended quickly when she opened it, read it and started droppin F bombs about how much of a douchebag I am. She picked a new name and that was that. But seriously, why is my desire to not receive anything at Christmas such a big deal to others in my family?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund, Money for People.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

WTF does this have to do with boats or hummers?

stay on topic and have a happy quit fucking up threads day.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Thanks Tom. U Rock!

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for not starting the final word of your post with a C.

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted