1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you bring to work for lunch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wheateater, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sandwich and a Clif Z-Bar.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Two ham sandwiches on whole wheat bread and two bananas

3. taller hack

taller hack Member

Turkey and cheese on wheat, carrots and a diet soda usually.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Lately, I've been bringing tuna salad in a small container. That way, I can make a sandwich just before I eat it and the bread doesn't get all soggy.

I also usually bring carrots, celery and some cherry tomatoes from the garden to munch on.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Leftovers, but it's difficult given the epic cafeteria we have at work. If not leftovers, usually a sandwich, maybe some chips. Snacks vary, depending on how healthy I wanna eat. I can easily go to the PX and grab a Rice Krisipies Treat for 99 cents (with no sales tax). Or I can bring fruit. Guess which I choose.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Leftovers, or a lean pocket, yogurt, pretzels, and apple. Always water to drink. I usually bring some granola bars to snack on.

If I get a late start, I make sure to eat at Taco Bell, that way I can eat healthy (yes it can be done at Tbell) and only spend $2-3 dollars. If I end up going out to lunch for a co-workers bday, I realized it costs $10-$12 bucks. By not doing that every day, I save a ton of money.

Now if I could only curtail the drinking.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Back in the day at USAT, this woman used to microwave a little pot full of fish heads every day. Or that's what it smelled like. Jesus.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

We also aren't allowed to eat smelly foods at our desks. CEO does not like smelly foods. Good or bad.

So my garlicy lean pockets usually have to be eaten in the cafeteria. And popcorn is not allowed (ridiculous).

Also, while we are talking about lean pockets, two new flavors which have changed my life forever.

-BBQ Chicken Chipotle
    -Chicken Bacon Dijon---- this one is the greatest thing I have ever eaten.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Eat them up, yum!!!

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I do the Lean Cuisine/Blue Menu/WeightWatchers entrees when I don't have time to cook. I just bring a big green salad with it and it's very filling.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yeah, yeah, I'll go feed it. Fish heads, fish heads, doo doo doo doo doo...

On a side note, I would always keep a 2-liter of pop in the fridge. Would usually last me a 3-4 days. Saved money, instead of buying a 20-ounce (or cafeteria machine) each day.

Obviously, not everyone can do this. We had a small fridge in the photographers room, so us sports guys used it as well.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I keep a 12- or 24-pack of soda under my desk. It's a lot cheaper to buy those on sale than drop 65 cents in the machine every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted