1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you boycott?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 27, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As stated before, BP for what they did to the Gulf and their sneering incompetence afterwards. Also, they usually had the really shitty card readers at the pump that would never recognize a swipe attempt.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I also boycott common sense, picking the right men, and financial maturity.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Soon to be college football as they move to a playoff system.
    Soon to be baseball when they add another full round to the playoffs and expand instatnt replay.
    Soon to be the NFL when they make hitting illegal.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bingo

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart, on general principle. Honestly, even if it wasn't a thoroughly detestable company I would never set foot in one of those ratholes.

United Airlines, unless it's my only option. Worst service I've ever had from anything, anywhere. Except possibly for...

Goodyear. I'd ride on rims before I'd deal with the clowns at Goodyear again.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I never set foot in a Wal-Mart either. I used to be a member of a labor union so I'm not sure I'm welcome there anyway. Also when my brother-in-law worked there they were hesitant to give him time off for HIS OWN wedding.

7. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Would love to not have to deal with Wal-Mart, for all the reasons stated above. But in my little town, they are all we have. We don't have the superstore, just a regular Wal-Mart, and two grocery stores. So while I would love to tell wally world to "F" off, it's not possible all the time.

I do boycott the local oil change place, and make sure I tell everyone I know. they poked a hole in my drip pan somehow and never told me. Just kept slapping some sort of sealant on the hole every time I went back. And when I finally found out and complained, they told me that they weren't charging me for the sealant, so what was my problem?

Also, the contractor who put a room on my house. Was supposed to take 4 months...took 28 (not an exaggeration). Every time someone comments on the room, they get the whole story. Shoulda sued...5 years later it still drives me insane that I didn't.

ETA: We don't have a Chik-Fil-A within 75 miles, and I have never eaten there, so it's easy for me to stand on that mountain and say "I just won't eat there!"

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm about ready to boycott Louis Vutton because he keeps spamming this message board.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Chain restaurants, though I'm not a hardliner about it. But I do my damnedest to avoid eating at them and go to local joints instead.

BP - I am a hardliner about that.

Titanic - I made a vow to never see that movie. So far, so good.

Any reality show on Bravo! other than Top Chef.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig -- they're both trying to eradicate us large people

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Not if bacon beats them to it.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not to mention their strident anti-unionism.

And you know what? The clothes that they sell are going to end up as rags in a year. And then you get to buy six more $5.00 T-Shirts.

There's no free lunch. Buy shit at Wal-Mart and you'll pay in the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted