1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you boycott?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

They all made significant contributions to his campaign.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Magic in the Night's post is going to be Ragu-like in its length.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Autotire - they're a local chain in my area. I haven't been there in at least 10 years, but I have never been in there, not even for a simple oil change, where they haven't basically told me that I've got something so seriously wrong with my car that it might explode a nuclear fireball on my way home if I don't let them replace this, this and this. I obviously never have had such problems. At this point, if my car broke down in their parking lot, I'd have it towed elsewhere.

Charter Cable - Their customer service must be trained to be evil, lying dickheads, because I've never come across a person in real life who treats others the way their customer service people treat their customers. I've gone without cable and home internet (thanks unlimited phone data!) for more than 3 years now because they're the only option in my area, and I refuse to give them my money under any circumstances.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If only Wal-Mart sold Chick-Fil-A products.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

College football, long before this late travesty.

6. I quit watching two years ago.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Any business that delivers poor quality, poor service or poor value. Or a product I have no interest in.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Orville, it's not only morally and intellectually offensive, but it just sucks to watch.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Domino's Pizza
    Wal-Mart
    BP

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sex, at least every other year.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There are quite a few brand-name products that I don't buy because their off-brand equivalents are just as good for my purposes and much cheaper. But as far as for political reasons, the only one I boycott is Cracker Barrel

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So that explains your "Cam Newton isn't a first-round talent" idea. You should have just claimed ignorance a long time ago!! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted