1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you boycott?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Spinning off the Chick-fil-A thread ...

What products, stores or services do you boycott and why? I;m not talking avoid or dislike. I mean boycott. Places and things you will actively avoid.

Exxon: I will NOT buy gas from an Exxon Station. To me it is the epitome of a greedy oil company. I Haven't bought gas from an Exxon station in 20 years.

Goodyear: Fuck Goodyear Tires. They don't stand behind their products - I got a bad set of tires and they refused to replace them. I won't buy the tires and have walked away from car purchases because they refused to replace the tires.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Casey's General Store -- Because they were prosecuted for gouging in the wake of 9/11.

BP -- For obvious reasons.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

BP and Chick-fil-A. The BP has been ongoing. Chick-fil-A is obviously pretty recent. I'm going to try to be strong, but I'll be damned if those little Chick'n Minis aren't the most delicious bite of homophobia ever.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart - Their business model appears to be built on destroying local businesses and suppliers. They may not be the only ones who do this, but they are the poster child to me.
    Nike - Leaders in the selling of a Brand over an actual product. Again, others may do this but Nike stands out for me.

Please note - I don't tell anyone else not to shop at Wal-Mart or buy Nike products.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GODDAMMIT.

I somehow missed this whole story, and I finally found an adult food that Winston will inhale.

Now I guess I have to find a new one. :(

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Please let me have a taste of your buttery homophobia!

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I boycott Burger King because their service had gotten so lousy.

8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Wal-Mart - Because it's Wal-Mart
    Koch Industries products (Angel Soft, Brawny, Dixie Cups, Quilted Northern, etc.) - Scott Walker
    Miller/Coors products - Scott Walker
    Johnsonville Brats - Scott Walker
    Sargento Cheese - Scott Walker
    Kwik Trip - Scott Walker

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head. Certainly not Chick Fil A. Not even if they murdered babies tableside while you ate your delicious chicken sammich.

Hard for me to get worked up enough to boycott something.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Nothing. I'm just too apathetic. A company has to piss me off directly for me to stop patronage.

11. The Wisconsin Gov.?
    You lost me...

12. I'll also add college football to my list.

Draft saved Draft deleted