1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do normal folks do on Friday nights (unexpected night off)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by grrlhack, Sep 22, 2006.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm supposed to be at the grocery store picking up milk right now, too.

And it is, docaroo. I haven't had a completely lazy Friday in a LONG time.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

When I was working every Friday night, I often dreamed about all the debauchery that would be had if I ever took a job that had me off Friday nights. Well, since February I've had Friday nights off, and unfortunately, I've spent a few of them doing laundry, cleaning the house, etc. :( But I totally relate to the near-desperation of wanting to do something grand on a rare Friday night off.

Tonight, I'm sitting here just relaxing after a rough week. But I'll be well-rested for a long day of activities tomorrow :D

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Dinner and a movie?

4. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Well, I don't want to get plastered since I have my regular college game tomorrow and it's an early afternoon game. But I did have a friend call and see if I wanted to go to a bar tonight. It just feels weird to be at home, I guess. It's one thing to be "off" on a road game travel day, but this is truly being off.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

When I had a day job in PR, on football Friday nights i would ... go string a game, usually for both a weekly and a daily.

Life was grand.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Dungeons and Dragons?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

HBO2 is a half-hour into a two-hour block of Entourage reruns. Of course, there's also pennant race baseball to watch. And another "To catch a Predator" on NBC Dateline starting right now.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No thanks. But I don't judge you.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Scrapbooking?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Haven't had a fall Friday night off since a hurricane hit in 2004... Drink works for me.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Books-on-tape version of 'The Velveteen Rabbit'?

Draft saved Draft deleted