1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did you think in 1998?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I would bet my life that Andy Katzenmoyer will be a Pro Football Hall of Famer.

2. Morris816

Morris816 Member

The Y2K bug was going to mean the end of the world as we knew it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That I would never see the highlighted words written in my lifetime:

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I thought, "how can you not know the meaning of the word 'is' and still be able to get yourself dressed in the morning and feed yourself?"

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Seinfeld is ending, but I gotta believe Michael Richards' career is just taking off.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The Braves are primed to win another couple World Series ... and I could never pull for an American League team.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

How could Roger Maris' record stand for that long and now some guy come along and hit so many home runs in a season? I sure hope he breaks the record soon, so I won't have to keep putting stuff on hold night after night for a week in order to tune in and see the magic moment. Yes, I remember where I was. No, I'm not telling you.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This newspaper job is great. I'm set. I don't really mind the 60-hour weeks. I'll never work anywhere else again.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm going to marry that girl.

(And I did, in 2000.)

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What the hell is a google? Alta Vista is the only search engine you'll ever need.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Did people have cell phones back in 1998? I know I didn't. I'm not sure when they became really popular.

I remember we had the internet, but it was basically for news and information. I can't remember if any forums like these existed. If they did, I sure hadn't heard of them.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That the Florida Marlins would never win another World Series after dismantling the team.

Draft saved Draft deleted