1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did I miss?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

:) :) :) ;D :)

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

669: The number of the beast with two backs

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i just shared that with a room full of people who now think you're one witty sonuvabitch.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Credit where credit's due. I got that from the men's room wall at The Railroad Blues in Alpine, Texas. Best beer selection between El Paso and Austin.
    http://www.railroadblues.com/
    The owner, Richard, is a big Saints fan and cooks up a mess o' free cajun grub whenever there's a Saints-Cowboys game. I've had lots of good nights there I don't remember. A few bad ones, too.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm not telling them that part. those people will go to their graves believing writing irish is THE man.

6. writing irish

As they should. I'm regretting having provided the link to the bar's website now. Ain't shit there. They took all the photos of live music and drunken revelers down. I can understand why, though. Alpine's only about 5,500 folks. People talk. If I did half the shit those people said I did when I lived there, I'd have written a novel about it and would be living off the royalties in a mountainside villa near Ruidoso.

7. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

Be careful with this thread, you might get put on blast.

8. writing irish

Thanks, Mother Courage.

9. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

Writing, you know that's a thread reference right?

10. writing irish

Yes, I remember the thread, actually threads, in question.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I picked up my current girlfriend - a co-worker - while working my magic at The Railroad Blues. That bar will always hold fond memories for me, plus they have Pyramid Hefeweizen there.

12. writing irish

Easily the best bar in the Big Bend. Although for a real West Texas experience, try The Crystal Bar just down the road on Holland Ave, about halfway to Sul Ross from the Blues. Fights at the Blues are a rarity, but ass-kickings are the norm down at the Crystal.

Draft saved Draft deleted