1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did I miss - Television Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, May 30, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The original 'KRP (with the original music) is still unreal. I've never seen any of the episodes with the overdubbed tunes. The New 'KRP never happened, in my opinion.

2. Bru

Bru Member

Since Harvey Korman died this week, I will tell you that one genre you missed was comedy-variety shows. There's nothing like them on TV today. On a week-in, week-out basis, The Carol Burnett Show, of which Korman was a featured cast member, was absolutely hilarious.

Nowadays, some of these shows are mere artifacts, but some of them hold up remarkably well. For instance, you might come across infomercials for DVDs of The Dean Martin Show, whose snippets sorely tempt me to purchase.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sorry, I forgot a comma... :D

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I agree completely.

5. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Always felt Barney Miller was woefully underrated. Don't understand why it hasn't been in syndication, or have I missed it?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Totally agree. A brilliant show that went out while it was still very good. To me, something like Noight Court was just a pale imitation of Barney Miller.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was checking out a list of summer TV shows, and I've got to say, its almost a better list of "normal" season shows. I'm beginning to think I prefer a 13-episode season, the story arcs are tighter and their are fewer throwaway episodes. Here's what I'm looking forward to:
    The Closer
    Monk
    Psych
    Mad Men
    Burn Notice
    Law and Order Criminal Intent
    Eureka
    Saving Grace
    30 Days
    and a few promising newcomers in The Cleaner with Benjamin Bratt, In Plain Sight on USA, and Flashpoint on CBS.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

CBS Saturday used to have, starting at 8, All in the Family, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart and Carol Burnett. Greatest night on TV while it was on.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I watched it pretty regularly, and it's a favorite of this board, but a lot of folks have probably missed out on Newsradio. About the only time I ever see it on in syndication is a stray episode at 4:30 a.m. on TV Land, about once every three months.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've always been a big Leave It To Beaver fan.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You know, I'd kinda been wonderin the same but in reverse: what have I missed that would cause younger posters here to waste so many words analyzing pea-brained crap like Full House, Saved by the Bell, and Boy Meets World (OK, I admit I've never really watched BMW, but it always seemed like cheesy crap while skimming over it with the flipper). You guys do realize Full House ain't exactly quality, right?

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'd rather watch the MtM signature with the whining kitten on loop (particularly for St. Elsewhere, where the have the kitten in a surgical mask) than 90 percent of comedies of the last 10 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted