1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What DID happen on Sept. 6?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Sep 20, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And Israel itself was born - in part - in acts of terrorism against the British in Palestine. I was actually trying to make the point that one man's terrorism is another man's noble cause. It all depends on where you're standing.

That hondo used exactly the same phrase preferred by terrorists throughout history struck me funny - because hondo would never accept that same defense if it were turned back on him.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

No doubt, fanaticist' declaration of wanting to wipe Israel off the map (and actions to make it so) give Israel some license. Just don't want to write all Syria off as frothy-mouthed killers. Both sides have legit claims. Just a bloody, bloody f'in mess. That region is, truly, a dog's breakfast.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Fenian reads broadly. However, doesn't the term "meme" imply that conventional wisdom is headed in a certain direction? Claims are sure to be tossed about; but without proof, why would they gain any more leverage than before? (Maybe you can have a niche meme.)

It will be interesting to learn what really happened, let alone where the "material", if there was any, that was subjected to attack came from. Reflagged North Korean concrete carrier, some Baltic state, who knows.

I don't expect to know the answer by sunrise tomorrow...

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If this was Saddam's WMD, Bush would be jumping up and down yelling "See? See?" instead of clamming up.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

6. My bad.
    Reality seems to have partially triumphed here for the moment.
    Forgive me for being confused.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Ha!

I'd forgive you for being focused, if that were either desired or necessary. :D

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

To answer the question, if anyone cares: I took a shit. I think it was a sinker, if memory serves.

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Well, Doc, introspective as always, I see.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I do what I can.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The relationships has been awful.
    Palestinians look at themselves as the "first" people around Holy Land parts and the rightful owners of all that land over there that Israel's been occupying since the end of WWII.
    Palestinians want Israelis gone yesterday.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes, but what are the Arab nations doing to help their fellow Arabs? Jack.

Look at Lebanon, cooping up the Palestinians in refugee camps for 60 years and allowing them to do squat.

The Arabs have washed their hands of the Palestinian problem as much as the U.S. has.

Funny that many terrorist disciples in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere conveniently are using the Palestinian issue as a reason to rip the U.S., when many of their governments are sitting on their hands.

Of course, it is easy to hate America.

Draft saved Draft deleted