1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Britney Spears do now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

To state this up front, I can't stand the hoochie. But I have a problem with people calling her fat or out of shape just because she lacks the rock-hard abs she used to have. If someone really thinks she's out of shape, they have a horribly distorted view of women.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

When will people realize that the idea that "any publicity is good publicity" really isn't, well, good?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

She is nowhere near the airbrushed, idealized stick figure she was for 10 years. We can agree on that.

4. Agreed - and we wonder why Hollywood is having a body image crisis. Yet, she was dressed like a Sunset Blvd. hooker. If she had worn something a little more sexy - kept us guessing a bit - she wouldn't have heard a thing.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love that you used the word hoochie, and I'm glad to see one of the guys call out the others for saying she's fat.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'm not saying she's fat, but if you're going to be a circus dog and parade around in an outfit where men would stick dollar bills in your pants if you were dancing in front of a pole, then all bets are off. I agree MTV or her handlers should have pulled the plug. The girl needs help.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you're going to call her fat, you'd best never wonder where your girlfriend/wife/daughter's body issues come from.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Funnily enough, Kanye came out and said MTV exploited Britney today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070912/ap_en_mu/people_kanye_west;_ylt=ApKYSbrV8869xY9ypc.86hRxFb8C

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'm not calling her fat. I agree that Hollywood/modelingworld/magazines whatever else you have gives us a distorted view of women. All I'm saying is that she signed up for the public scrutiny. If you want to dress like a 'ho walking down Hollywood and Vine looking for a John to she can get a 20-dollar hit of crack, you get whatever criticism comes. I agree with ther earlier post--she should drop out of public life for a while, check into rehab and get straightened out.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I think we're questioning where the scrutiny is coming from. Regardless of how (horribly) she was "dressed."

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm not saying she's fat, but she's not what she used to be, either, but jesus, she has had two kids ... one not all that long ago.

her figure wouldn't be judged so harshly if she didn't dress like a stripper.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

diab - again, i'm not saying she's fat. but, if you dress as though the only thing you're marketing is your body, it shouldn't be surprising when people judge what you're offering.

Draft saved Draft deleted