1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What comics do you read every day?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Aug 3, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't get a daily newspaper delivered anymore, now that I'm out of the business, but I still make it a point to read certain comics every day (online, thank goodness). My day isn't complete if I can't read Doonesbury, Dilbert and Peanuts.

What are your must-see comics?

2. Pearls Before Swine

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Get Fuzzy.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Get Fuzzy

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Zits

And I read For Better or For Worse and Funky Winkerbean every day because I have a serious self-hatred going.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Can't believe I forgot Get Fuzzy...probably because I only added that one about a year ago.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

For me, Sherman's Lagoon is the best. I read Zits and Fox Trot too. And Shoe if I think of it. Was always a big fan of that.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I stopped reading comics when Gary Larson shut down the Far Side.

I was not blessed with the right gene to underestand Doonesbury.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

FBOFW and Funky - they both have major changes coming soon, though. Particularly Funky, with the strip to move ahead 10 years after the sadly inevitable event takes place.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

M/F gene or some other kind of gene? Just curious.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Garfield (a guy whose son I covered at the state LL tourney last weekend graduated with Jim Davis from Ball State in 1970; interestingly, David Letterman graduated from BSU in '70, and this guy said Letterman threw these cool frat parties).

Cathy, only because now I can't stop tuning in to see how goddamn neurotic she's going to be that day. Her hubby is chill, though it's hard to tell if it's a "he" or a "she." Looks more like a "Pat."

Blondie, because she's hot, and I'm still trying to figure out how Bumstead ended up with her.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Whatever is on the back of my cereal box that morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted