1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What college football ranking is your paper using?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Oct 29, 2006.

?

What college football ranking is your paper using?

1. AP

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. BCS

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Coaches

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Some combination

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i noticed the same thing

and we use ap. 'cause we're part of the ap, and we don't want anything to do with gannett (our competition)

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

We run AP, USA and the BCS, with the breakdown of the Harris, USA and Computers in the BCS. In copy, we use AP.

3. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Could we now just get the TV networks to decide on one poll? I hate it when I'm flipping between games (CBS, NBC, ESPN, Fox Sports, TBS, the old Jefferson Pilot) and see game scores with varied rankings for its participants. One place Texas is No. 3, another score crawl on another channel has it No. 5, so on and so on. Pick a poll people and all use it. Now that would be NCAA reform I could back. If you show a college game on TV, this is the poll you must use, just for consistency.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What's wrong with using a mix anyway? It's interesting when the polls differ. Of course, it's a talking point for sports talk radio.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I actually thought Whitlock's poll was almost dead-on this week. I'd probably flip-flop Arkansas and Louisville, and I'm not sold on Texas being ahead of Michigan, but other than that I thought it was OK. Unless he's serious about Miami being No. 26.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Man law.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Mine's using the Dothan Poll ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted