1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what cfb teams are looking for games in 07?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Oct 30, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Georgia had Oregon State, then the Beavers backed out, and now UGA is looking for an opponent for its season opener. I'm curious who is available, aside from the ULMs of the world.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Whatever happens, I'm sure some people will blame an SEC school for scheduling such a weak opponent ... because you know those SEC teams never dare to play anyone outside of their own conference.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

auburn still has an opening, right?

maybe some of the big east schools, too, especially the new ones.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I say we suit up 20-25 SportsJournalists.commers and agree to play in exchange for the fat check UGA will cut us for coming down.

I call left tackle, and I want No. 77...

Sportschick can be our tight end.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can be the water boy, but I expect a cut of the check.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

7. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Something tells me both Miami and FIU are going to have openings in '07...

8. novelist_wannabe

As I recall, the OSU deal was home and home -- could be wrong about that -- and I'm also curious why they reneged.

obviously, what I'm interested in is who Georgia might end up playing. Hmmmm ... Rutgers between the Hedges. That would be interesting

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Before this weekend I would of said it is because the Beavers can't even beat Boise State, but then they went out and beat USC, so I have no clue as to why.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it was home-and-home. uga is also going to arizona state. they said notre dame and michigan said they had no interest in a home-and-home. cincinnati also cancelled a 2-for-1 deal that was all but signed. they've also got a return trip to colorado.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fine. But you have to wash the jerseys, too.

12. novelist_wannabe

ASU was a home-and-home deal, too, wasn't it? And didn't Marshall wig out on buyout game? Does this happen with this kind of regularity at other schools?

Notre Dame routinely does the 2 for 1 deals, which is why Ga Tech is going back to South Bend at some point. No Way UGA goes for a deal like that -- they've got their own 90,000 stadium to fill. If ND and UM have no interest in home/home, then the criticisms about Georgia's scheduling lose some of their validity.

Jerseys .... any photoshopper out there want to stitch us up a prototype? I volunteer to play up back on the punt team ...

Draft saved Draft deleted