1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What CD/cassette/LP do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, May 30, 2007.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Indeed. Grade school exercises. I still remember some of the words: “Push ups, every morning 10 TIMES, not just ... now and then. Give that chicken fat back to the chicken, and don't be chicken again ... no, don't be chicken again.”

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's somewhere in my car, I think, but Green Day's "Dookie" is as good as it gets.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Does Milli Vanilli count? ;D

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

You would! I have no doubt about it! Unless, of course, you have invested in the multiple Foreigner greatest hits/repackages Atlantic and Rhino have issued over the past several years. I expect the next one to be titled "The Best Of What We Didn't Put On The Very Best And Beyond."

I really miss INXS' Kick.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I just heard on the radio that Foreigner is playing a gig with Styx and Def Leppard. Who opens that horrific show?

Now, where did I put that Scritti Politti cassette?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know, if Foreigner and Styx had their real lineups, I'd find you and kick your ass. :D

But since it's Styx with a new lead singer and Fakeigner--no one from the original band except 90-year-old Mick Jones--I can't argue with anyone who knocks the show.

For the record, I believe the order of the show is Foreigner-Styx-Def Lep.

I don't get it. If those dopes would just get back together with their lead singers, they could probably tour sheds on their own bill instead of opening for Def Lep. Get a brain morans!!!

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Are there any of the original members of Styx left?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

James Young is it I think. The drummer (Chuck Panozzo?) died of alcoholism and the bassist (John Panozzo?) has AIDS and makes only occassional appearances.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I sold my copy (OK, it was my ex-wife's) on eBay for $10. Collector's item.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Last I heard good Canadian boy (and huge Leaf fan) Larry Gowan, who had a pretty good solo career going here, was the singer in Styx. What's Dennis DeYoung doing these days anyway?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"Excuse me while I call time to take a few hits in the middle of this rhyme ..."

Nice choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted