1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What CD/cassette/LP do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, May 30, 2007.

1. That's significantly cheaper than the last one I saw on eBay [opening bid was in the $300.00 range]

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've replaced the vinyl and tapes that I'd loved over the years but I had loads of vinyl and cassette bootlegs that I miss. The quantity and quality was shitty compared to what's available now (not to mention the larcenous prices) but smoiking out great boots back in the day was a real chore. I still have them but haven't had a turntable hooked up in years.

3. Send me a mailing address and I'll send you mine.

Yeech!

Edit: I miss my Police "Synchronicity" cassette. At the time I hated it and gave to my best friend. Looking back, I wish I had it back.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Loc-ed After Dark

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I've managed to get a lot of it on CD through various means. But I have some stuff by the Church and Business at Usual by Men At Work and Syncronicity by The Police I'd like on CD.

Had a lot of stuff on mix tapes I doubt I'll ever get on CD. But I still have most of my tapes, so I'm gold Jerry! Gold!

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

What about the original "Thick as a Brick" LP by Jethro Tull, which came with a full-size, fold-out spoof newspaper of 14 pages or so? They don't make `em like that anymore.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I've actually got a cassette tape of GTR, the band featuring Steve Howe and Steve Hackett. My car has a CD player, but it also has a cassette slot too. I also have a cassette copy of my friend's band from years back with the country/thrash metal version of "It's the End of the World As We Know It .."

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

None. The majority of the albums I really liked I've upgraded from cassette to CD. A bunch of others I still have just on cassette. The others I didn't care about, I've tossed the cassettes.

Although when I get rid of Foreigner's "Records", I might miss it, but I doubt it.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Got it. Hah!

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I have Cherry Pie on cassette and Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Rich on CD. They're both yours if you want them.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One of the all-time great album packages. Something that's defeinitely gone for a shit in the CD era.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't miss any because I still have them--cassettes and LPs. Still have a functioning (ok, that's being kind) turntable where the vinyl occasionally gets a workout. I probably have about 300 LP's. Figure I'll hold on to them and give them to my boys years on down the line. Maybe they'll be of collector's status and worth something by then--kind of like baseball cards I'm not going to throw away.

Draft saved Draft deleted