1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What CD/cassette/LP do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, May 30, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I'll just throw this out there ...

I'm jonesin' to listen to GREEN by REM, but I can't because I sold it many, many years ago when I was in college and struggling for cash. Damn poverty. Most of my Alice In Chains went the way of the second-hand shop, too. Double damn poverty!!

I had a double cassette of Van Halen's Fair Warning and Women & Children First that was stolen while I had a party at my house during high school. I still miss that tape (even though I probably haven't listened to a cassette in 10 years).

So ... what CD/Cassette/LP/8-Track do you miss?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I miss Warrant's Cherry Pie (tape). I have no explanation for this. It got lost in one of my many moves over the year.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm pretty caught up on the music of my youth through iTunes/other nefarious sources.

But the tape I loved the most was my first bootleg copy of Tori Amos' "Little Earthquakes" ... played it so much, it snapped.

4. boots

boots New Member

Graham Central Station

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

That was an almost album. Another CD I no longer have (thanks, ex-wife). So many good songs ... Leather, Crucify, Silent All These years ....

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I really can't think of any.

I've been busy with Amazon.com for the harder-to-find CDs of stuff I wanted. The stuff I sold off I can't say I've missed at all ...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Tommy Page.

Shut up.

8. Sam Mills 51

Wow, IJAG. Just wow.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Shut up! I long for the innocence of my youth.

10. Sam Mills 51

We all do. I'd like to hear Dudley Moore narrating "Peter and the Wolf" one more time now, a great way to get kids into formal music, with animals represented by various traditional instruments.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

All of them; my entire CD collection (save for Neil Young Live at Massey Hall) has been hours away for six-plus weeks. Thank God for my laptop.

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Joan Jett and the Heartbreakers. That's right.

Draft saved Draft deleted