1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Candidate Matches Best to Your Beliefs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Dec 20, 2011.

?

Please take the quiz and click the candidate that is most like you - please do not answer before tak

1. Barack Obama

41 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. Michele Bachmann

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Newt Gingrich

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Jon Huntsman

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Ron Paul

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. Rick Perry

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. Mitt Romney

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  8. Rick Santorum

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

1. Obama 9/11 and 91.7
    2. Huntsman
    3. Perry

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Out of cuirousity, what were the two you got Huntsman and Perry on?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Had the same problem, but wasn't surprised. The most rational positions are emerging from the guys who are currently at the top of the pile.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

1 - Bachmann
    2 - Paul
    3 - Romney (never gonna happen, even if he is the only person on the ballot)

5. I must admit that I thought that the board would be running somewhere around 2-1 for Obama with Romney the second choice. When it comes to politics - I think people here may live in a bit of a bubble.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or it could be the imprecision of the polling process. Or the loaded nature of those quiz questions. Or the impoverished slate of 'challengers.'

7. That 1 Guy

That 1 Guy Member

Obama 7, Huntsman 2, Romney 2. 1 each for Bachmann, Paul and Santorum.
    If I was a Republican, my three preferred choices would have been Roemer, Huntsman, Paul. In that order.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Afghanistan and defense spending (Hunstman) and Afghanistan and experience (Perry).

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I got Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul with 4 out of 11 each. Those results are comical. I'm about as much of a big-government supporter as you'll find.

I was also very frustrated by the lack of options for certain choices. My ideal country would feature a single massive tax on the rich and completely and constitutionally legal gay marriage and huge cuts to foreign aid. Foreign aid wasn't even a topic, as if the U.S. is just expected to be everyone's bitch at this point, and neither a haymaker tax on the rich nor national gay marriage were options. (For the record, I recognize that the more extreme execution of my hopes is completely unfeasible. But I would like to see us moving toward those progressive benchmarks.)

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I didn't like the options for gay marriage. I think I picked it should be left up to the states which is not at all how I feel, but the other options were not my view.

I agree with Versatile on gay marriage and taxing the rich.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I got Obama and Paul as my top 2, which I find rather perplexing. Are there some similarities between those two of which I'm not aware?

It was a screwy poll with screwy choices skewed widely to the right. I answered none for at least three.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Completely agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted