1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What brings you joy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mrbio, Apr 16, 2011.

1. mrbio

mrbio Member

Joy is one of the nicest emotions you can feel in life. What brings you joy? Various people from all over the world answered this simple question. Enjoy...
    http://thebiofile.com/2010/04/what-brings-you-joy/

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh boy, does this thread have possibilities.

3. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thinking of where this thread could go brings me joy.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

It brings me joy to quote your entire post, hopefully diverting some of the traffic you're aiming to get by pimping your blog here.

[quote author=Scoop Malinowski]Joy. The feeling of delight, happiness and pleasure. It’s one of the most cherished emotions you can experience in life. What brings you joy? Here is a compilation of responses from people across the country and around the globe, to the simple question: What brings you joy?

Dave Kozlowski, Tennis pro, Alabama: “I know that it might sound a bit silly, however, making people feel good about themselves makes me feel better. I try to take the stand that I want people to feel better about their self-worth and self-importance on and off the court. I try to start each day with a crusade that each person will feel that he or she is having a better day after coming in contact with me than before. As I mentioned it fulfills my day when I sense that has happened.”

Lisa Franson, Media relations, Davie FL: “Relationships. It’s all about people in my life who are close.”

David Andrew, Entrepreneur, Miami, FL: “My American bulldog Leo brings me much happiness. Reading does as well. Interviewing compelling subjects. Connecting with people in a meaningful way.”

Melvin Stanley, Retired NYPD, New York, NY: “Helping others.That is doing the will of God. Remember the great Muhammad Ali line, ‘Service to others is the rent you pay for your space on earth. And Dr. King’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others? So my answer is doing the will of God by helping others.”

Patrick Jun, Morgan Stanley, New York, NY.: “Success of good relationships. Hot girls. Money. Performing well in tennis.”

Angela Posillico, President For Ms. Latina International, Miami, FL: “What brings me joy, that is a good question. I would have to say what really brings me joy, is when I see the smiling faces of little children. With all the hardships that the world is facing today, I feel that little children and animals should never have to suffer. And if we can take care of all of the children in the world, that is what gives me the most joy.”

Chaunce Hayden, Journalist, Emerson, N.J.: “Huh? That’s a little too personal [laughs].”

Esther Forrester, Long Island, N.Y.: “When it’s unexpectedly warm outside in the middle of winter. When someone compliments me out of the blue.”

Renaldo Snipes, Former Heavyweight boxer, New York City: “Being able to enjoy life one day at a time.”
    James V. Morris, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Glen Rock, N.J.: “Joy to me is being in a state of contentment. Not needing anything and having the free time to enjoy the moment.”

Joy Weinrich, Nutritionist, Miami, FL: “A sense of purpose.”

Lloyd Carroll, Educator, Queens, NY: “Being recognized for good work that you have done, getting out of New York and getting VIP treatment.”
    Toby Tanser, Founder of Shoe4africa charity, New York City: “I think seeing positive change that I can be a part of. To know something I did made a small difference is a big reward!”

Jamie Nieto, Olympic high jumper, Manhattan, KS: “My mother being happy.”

Wladimir Klitschko, World’s Heavyweight champion, Hamburg, Germany: “With the time and your age to understand and see which you haven’t understood and seen, life experience – under many other things – is a joy for me!”

Jason Gonzalez, Educator, Queens, N.Y.: “Playing sports, watching sports. Playing with animals, watching them at the zoo. I enjoy going on dates with women. Having a drink with friends at a club or bar. Adventure brings me joy. Oh, I forgot: Shopping brings me joy. You know, I’m a fly guy [smiles].”

Shani Marks, World class triple jumper, Brooklyn Park, MN: “What brings joy to me is knowing that I’m fulfilling my God-given purpose in life and loving and being a blessing to others.”

Erin Aldrich, World class high jumper/ volleyball player, San Diego, CA: “I would say the thing that gives me joy is using the gifts that God has given me to make a difference in this world. I believe that we are all given a purpose in this life and my goal is to find my purpose and capitalize on it. It would give me great joy to be able to use my purpose the way God had intended.”

Alberto Amalfi, Horse breeder, Buenos Aires, Argentina: “The creative development of a dream that enhances the lives of either humans or animals has brought much joy to my life. When I have the will to create I feel love for others and I wake up in the morning with a smile.”

Tyrese, Movie star/singer/model, Los Angeles, CA: “God.”

Joey Trimble, student, Flint, Michigan: “What brings me joy? The human mind and all it’s reaches.”

George Kalinsky, Photographer, New York City: “My wife.”

Mike Indri, Police officer, West New York, N.J.: “My children. And knowing in my heart that all my hard work and appreciating what I’ve been blessed with has made us all happy and looking to make a positive impact.”

Dan Leberfeld, Sirius Radio broadcaster, New York City: “What brings me joy is helping people.”

Nick Anzevino, ATT, Old Bridge, N.J.: “Being successful in my career, being respected in my community, being a good father and laughing with my friends.”

Angelica Gavaldon, Tennis pro, San Diego, CA: “Many things bring me joy. Talking to my mom, spending the day with my family, making a big meal for my husband, being around my nieces, eating chocolate. But most of all serving God, knowing that I am using what God gave me to bless other people.”

Lynn Quayle, Personal assistant, New York City: “A blue sky day, among countless other things.”

Steve Jackson, Memorabilia dealer, Hackensack, N.J.: “No aggravation! That brings me joy. When it’s peaceful it’s so much joy. I can be doing nothing and I’m as happy as I want to be. I could just be walking around Sports Authority, not even buying anything, that can be joy for me. No aggravation.”

David Malinowski, U.S. Air Force, Alexandria, VA: “Unexpected…I think it’s like a state of unexpected gratitude. When someone does something for you and you just feel an unbelievable amount of gratitude and appreciation.”

Philip H. Anselmo, Musician for Pantera, Down; Folsom, Louisiana: “What brings me joy is zeroing in on my first love of my life which is music. Where I am at most home. And I find myself at most peace when I’m writing music or involved in writing music. However the most joy or the biggest payoff is the reaction to the hard work. That’s the big payoff – is all the hard work known by all the kids, singing all the words of the songs I wrote so carefully and with so much heart. And honestly, being on stage, I am absolutely at home. I’m at the most peace I could ever be when I’m on that stage. It wouldn’t matter if that ceiling fell in and crushed me on the spot – I would be proud to go out that way. Because I would have been on my stage, at my pulpit, in my element, spreading the word. I’ve made a lot of money and everything. There’s no way I can take this money and glory to the grave with me. So I’ve always given, given, given. I’ve bought houses and cars for family and friends. The materialistic makes no difference. It’s what you give to people that accumulates joys in your life. And brings you joys. And the more you put out and help people, the more joy you get back. Call it karma. A reporter recently asked me what’s the most rewarding part of the new album? Nothing…until I hear that crowd enjoying it. That’s the payoff. Using the universal language of music. And connecting all over the world.”

Jonathan Hirschbein, writer, Los Angeles, CA: “What makes me happiest – or closest to it – is writing. Think of an idea – and how I see it as just a rough work undone – that I break and mend and remodel again. That trance you slip into when you’re opening up. It’s like a mental coma, but with complete physical control. Then you wake up -and there’s words.”[/quote]

6. mrbio

mrbio Member

Thanks bud, it's all good. Spread the joy,

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Provably and demonstrably

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I don't know. Honest. I've forgotten.

When I find out, I'll let you know.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member