1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What bones have you broken?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wedgewood, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No broken bones, but lots of surgeries starting as a kid (close to 10 by now), a couple concussions, a really bad sprain of the left ankle and as a kid I think I sprained a my thumbs about 5 times total. The pain of those sprained thumbs and the sprained ankle is something I hope to never experience again.

3. Head to toe:

Orbital (bar fight - probably had it coming)
    Collar bone
    Two ribs
    Right elbow (basketball)
    Four broken knuckles (fights)
    Dislocated hip
    Broken ankles (both ankles twice - football)

Never missed a game or a boxing match due to broken bone

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Between 10 years of karate and 10 years of tackle football, I've dislocated every finger multiple times.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do concussions count, too? Makes me wonder how many of us have had one. Given how this crew is, I'm betting a lot. (Myself included).

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've had two.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Of my own? Or in others?

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

nose (basketball)
    both wrists (car accident)
    thumb (baseball)

Though it's not a break, I tore three ligaments in my left ankle that cost me my sophomore basketball season.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I've had at least one, back in high school. We were playing football in gym class, I jumped to catch a pass and landed flat on my back. My unprotected head hit the ground. Hurt like hell, and I had all the symptoms we know to look for today -- long-lasting headache, dizziness, nausea. Of course, when I got home that night and wanted to lay in bed instead of hang out on the porch, my loser douchebag friends were making fun of me for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted