1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What bones have you broken?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wedgewood, Jan 14, 2011.

1. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Dodging the ice here lately and it sure as hell doesn't bring back good memories. About three years ago, my dumb ass decided one morning that the icy Michigan sidewalks were an ideal place to go jogging. Yes, I know, beyond stupid. But in my defense, I was going slooooow. And it was more of a fast walk than a jog. Slip, fall, and before I know it, my ankle is doing this whole 2 o'clock thing. Not sure how much metal is still embedded in my lower right leg. Anyway, please be careful on that ice. Also chipped a bone in my elbow diving for a pass (incomplete) in a flag football game way back freshman year of college. So what have you guys broken?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I've only broken my elbow, in a motrocycle accident of which I have no memory. But I have cracked my head open four times (commence with the jokes :)).

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The humerus bone in my elbow, in Feb. 1973, skiiing when I was 14 years old.

And I did not find it the least bit humorous. :eek: :eek:

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Fifth metacarpal in my right hand.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Fingers don't count.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hairline fracture of the elbow, two broken ribs. And numerous chicken bones.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Guess which one I'm responding with.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I have broken my left wrist three times, both big toes, some fingers, and one, maybe two ribs ?

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Both collarbones.

Once playing football (sans pads)

Once playing rugby.

Never a pleasure.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

None that I'm positive about. But I think I probably broke my fourth toe a year or so ago.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Fifth tarsal bone in my right foot. Broke it stepping off a curb wrong after crawling through the cave at Raccoon Mountain in Chattanooga (a very cool tour, btw, if you're into spelunking). At first I thought it was just a bruise or a strain, but it kept hurting, and finally went to get it x-rayed two weeks later and there it was.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Hairline fracture in a rib. That's it for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted