1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your New Year's eve plans?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 28, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Working until midnight. Then meeting up with a few friends and going to try and play catch up.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Party at another preschool parents house with a few other couples and a bunch of little kids. Oy. And I'm driving so no drinking other than maybe a glass of champange or two.

Hopefully, it will wrap up early and the missus and I can enjoy a little bit of the night.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Fixed. :D

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Not in a million years, my Stevie Nicks loving friend. And I'll bet cash on it. :D

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I love working New Year's Eve when I have a good gig. Did a special performance of "Der Zigeunerbaron" to see in 2000 and, as an undergrad singing with "Doc and the Doo Wops" out West, NYE rocked. You also get triple pay. :D

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Doc and the Doo Wops? Didn't they open for Four Jacks and a Jill at a Ramada in Kansas City?

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We dreamed of playing a Ramada.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Going to my regular haunt after pregaming at home with peeps watching the chicken sammich bowl.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm going to be looking for a friend. It's what the lonely do at New Year's.

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I have never tried either of those two. Thanks for the recommendations. I will try at least one of those for NYE.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My daughter is having a few friends over for a party, so I'll be chaperoning them. We'll have a big bonfire, put some tunes on out in the back yard and shoot off fireworks (the joys of living outside the city limits). Then on New Year's Day, I'll watch football and maybe a little of the hockey game at Fenway and enjoy the day. Oh, and I'll cook up a big pot of black-eyed peas and ham.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll take that bet. I know nothing of hockey, but my jingoism knows no bounds!

Draft saved Draft deleted