1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your New Year's eve plans?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Ten

Ten New Member

I won't do anything special. Never do.

I'll probably have a few beers with some friends at a local pub, and be home before midnight.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We'll probably head over to a friend's house and have a few beers.

3. Putting the kids to sleep, making sure the suitcases are packed for the nearly 11-hour flight to Colorado and then some wine with my wife and, if we're not both exhausted, some fireworks.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Heading back to the hometown to spend NYE with my mom's side of the family. Big seafood dinner scheduled. Maybe a poker game. Definitely watching VT-UT.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Me and JR watching Canada kick US butt in the World Juniors. :D

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Playing poker and getting pass-out drunk, hopefully waking up to find out that year 34 will be much, much better than year 33.

It has to be.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Got our annual NYE home game at 2 (Hi, JR!), back home to bang out a gameover for the website and then off with Mrs. Huggy and Huggy Jr. to our friends' annual house party.

Will record Canuckistan-USA to watch Jan. 1 before ODing on bowl games.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Exactly what my Dad calls it. He and my Mom have stayed in for 40 years, and I've kept the tradition.

I'll probably turn on Dick Clark for a few minutes just to say "why the hell is Dick Clark still on TV?" then turn the channel when they throw it to a band I've never heard of.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Finally have a NYE Eve off. Looks like an entire day and night of sitting around the house. Now I remember why I always work NYE.

10. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Will try to keep reminding myself that every time I end up going out somewhere on New Year's Eve surrounded by a bunch of annoying strangers, I always end up wishing I was just at home.

So hopefully, a bottle of champagne, and watching the ball drop on TV with just my husband and two doggies.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Hoping like hell the friggin Peach Bowl is over by 11 so we can go to press and I can get out of the office. I do not want the clock to hit midnight surrounded by a bunch of people I work with. Even though I like pretty much everyone, it's the principle of the thing. We'd be on an early schedule, except Tennessee is in a damn NYE bowl. Fuck the fucking Peach Bowl. I always hate it.

I otherwise wouldn't be doing much and could even be in bed. I just do not want to be in the office and will not be. Even if the game goes into 26 overtimes, I will walk outside into the parking lot from 11:59 to 12:01.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think it'd fun for y'all to get the dogs buzzed on champagne.

Draft saved Draft deleted