1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your New Year's eve plans?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 28, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So long as she knows she's other IJAG. You've known me longer!

It should only be 8 hours if the roads are OK. But now you've posted that, so my boss will know. Drat!

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I have three active invitations for New Year's Eve parties. One is in my usual haunts with my karaoke peeps; one is with a friend at a hotel near BWI; the other is in D.C.

The karaoke place is supposed to have a band until 1 a.m. then karaoke after that. Grr.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Working. And when I get home, a quick toast with the fiance.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

NYE is the most overrated, most expensive, biggest pain in the ass night of the year, so I'm pretty happy with my plans.

Taking my girlfriend to a nice early dinner, then walking one block to see The Adam's Family, The Musical.

No, I'm not kidding. It's on a pre-Broadway run in Chicago and it stars Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth as Gomez & Morticia.

It didn't get great reviews, but I figure anything with Lane & Neuwirth has to be pretty good. And just knowing that I have plans, and don't have to stress out trying to come up with something good, makes me happy.

5. I get to have surgery that day to fix my nose! Hooray! That, coupled with it being the first time since I was 16 that I won't be spending it with the slut, means I'll probably be asleep by 8 o'clock. But waking up on Friday will be glorious, because this shit-tastic year will finally be dead and gone.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just find a different slut.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I will be hosting a party at my apartment. A bunch of college friends are coming into town for the long weekend so it should be a blast. We've had enough people tell us that going to Times Square or a bar for the night isn't even close to worth it, so an apartment party seemed like the best idea.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Working ... gah!

Hopefully it's a small section so I'll have enough time after work to watch a DVD before passing out on the couch.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Fuck New Years.

I will be home with my family, wishing I was back at my own place.

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'll be celebrating my fourth wedding anniversary. Good thing about getting married on that date is it's easy to remember. Bad news is it's hard to do a simple low key celebration out on the town. Maybe we'll head to the coast. Looking at the calendar, I've got three days left to come up with something. :eek:

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate New Year's Eve. I'll have dinner with the family, put the kids to bed and probably be asleep two hours before midnight.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I should hope you're kidding. Captain Morgan is swill. If you want a good rum & Coke go with either Appleton Estate or Mount Gay Barbados Eclipse.

Draft saved Draft deleted