1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your hopes and dreams?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Blair Waldorf, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

I know ... silly topic, right?

In this day and age, we all need something to aspire to.

So - what are your hopes and dreams?

I'll go first.

* I would love to run The Amazing Race, especially with my husband, because I think we'd improve our communication and really affirm that we believe in each other. That, and I'd love to beat the shit out of a bunch of people on TV while traveling the globe.

* I'd love to take my expertise and start my own business, rather than taking a job working for someone else.

* I hope that I can live to see the day when the race card is pointless.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I want to have a daughter and encourage her to embace science instead of letting HS teachers run her off because "girls don't get chemistry."

I want to start my own TNR (trap, neuter, release) program for feral cats.

I want to own a flying car [/KevinSmithfan]

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

OK, the first might seem cliched/boring, but ...

- Meet a Proverbs 31 girl, marry her, have 3-4 kids, and be the best Christian husband/father the Good Lord has me to be

- Get a master's degree in history and teach at the high school or college level, perhaps getting a doctorate eventually

- Take a shot at coaching basketball at the high school level

- Learn how to be a bona fide Southern cook

- Write a book

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

* Travel around the world and leave with enough memories to get me through my final days.

* Find a job that I love (which I currently have) that will love me back (I do not have this).

* Coach a Little League team to a championship

* Wake up one day when I'm old and gray and have no regrets.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

* Live a long, long time.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

This thread has me thinking. The only thing I can really come up with is long-term happiness. How to get there, I don't know.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

-- meet a proverbs 31 girl, marry her and start a family.

-- lose 175-200 pounds. has been a dream/goal for a while now; just keep getting derailed.

-- find the happiness i seem to have less of. six years ago, i was a happy-go-lucky senior with the world in the palm of my hands. but i'm living and working in the same places, and i'm guessing one or both is the culprit of my missing happiness.

-- become financially stable to where i can move out on my own again.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

- To write the book that I've long been working on.

- To wake up next to a good Romans 1:24 girl every morning.

- To always be proud of the person staring back at me in the mirror.

- To live my life with no regrets.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Zing!

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Good thread ... I've never been much of a planner, so I'm now sure how much I can add. I've always preferred to see where the world takes me. That's how I ended up in Thailand on the greatest adventure of my life with nothing more than arrival and departure dates in mind.

At the same time, I can say, I can't wait write my movie. I haven't yet decided what it will be about, nor do I have any idea how to sell, but I WILL write a movie. I also have a great book in mind, but it will take a lot of library time that I'm not sure I can commit to with my current life status (too much to see and do rather than be cooped up in the stacks).

I've always wanted to own a bar, but it's something I fear I'll never do. I'm not one to half-ass anything and I know that if I open bar (with a particular friend of mine), I could never just be an investor. It would take so much time an energy, I'd have to put my newspaper career on hold.

Frankly, I'm sure it would be more lucrative. But I've just known for so long that I have to give this thing the best go I possibly can, that the day I decide to open a bar is the day I'm getting out of this business. It may happen, it may not. But I'm nowhere near ready to leave this business yet.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Owning a house.

Neither my parents nor her single mom ever owned a house. Living in an apartment was a major stigma for her growing up, and living in parsonages his whole working career is one of the reasons my dad is worried about his retirement. With a kid on the way, Mrs. Stain is really adamant about this dream.

I *think* we can get there in 3-4 years if things go really well.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted