1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your favorite sj.com handles?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Oct 26, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm Betsy Braddock on another message board. The X-men had some great names.

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Yeah, a special vote here for those handles you don't understand at first or second glance. And so you Google the name and find out what the reference is. That's pretty clever thinking on the handle.

3. sportschick

If you read Piotr's profile on here, it lists his location as being at Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted. It makes me smile.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Really SC? I've never read it. Nice touch.

I wonder if he put "Six feet under" while the character was dead. :)

5. sportschick

No idea on the dead thing, but I thought listing the school was quite clever the first time I read it.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

OK, explain all that. I'm too beat to Google that stuff tonight.

7. sportschick

It's been a while, but let me see if I remember correctly.

1. Charles Xavier's school is where all the X-Men train and where the child mutants attend school.

2. Piotr (Colossus) injected himself with the legacy virus (which was killing the world's mutants) and by so doing activated the vaccine that cured the disease (help fellow geeks, I'm not sure here). I thought he was still dead in that storyline, but there are several different storylines going right now, so characters are dead in some and alive in others.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think SC is officially a virgin again.

9. Nah, this is how she lures the young ones in ...

10. sportschick

Of course! What'd you think my bait was? . . . Beer :D

11. lono

lono Active Member

Fixed.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Right on the first one. I particularly like how the SportsJournalists.com Piotr Rasputin actually listed the address as well.

The part on how Colossus died was a bit strange. It was the vaccine that he injected himself with. Somehow the vaccination was going to be deadly to the person injected with it, but then it would release the cure. He chose to sacrifice himself, which fit because the character had been a bit psychotic/suicidal since the virus killed his sister.

He is alive in all storylines at the moment. I'm not even going to try to explain that here, as we've already had a fairly long geekjack here.

Draft saved Draft deleted