1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your favorite sj.com handles?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Oct 26, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, hell...
    I thought it was funny and it got deleted...

No way no one can tell me those aren't SportsJournalists.com's favorite handles...

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Hammer Pants and Flying Headbutt deserve mention.

To echo others, DisembodiedOwlHead and Steak Snabler are as good as it gets.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

DisembodiedOwlHead
    Flying Headbutt
    Lugnuts
    Steve Hackett

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

As a comic book fan, I have a soft spot for Piotr Rasputin. Not to mention that it helps me remember how to spell the name of a local college tennis player.

5. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Jeremy Goodwin, because I loved Sports Night.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just as good a spring as Jim Bouton, bitches.

7. I'm there with you, 21.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I love this story, because I love my friend Lugnuts. :-*

She never said she was female, because she didn't want her posts to be judged by her gender...she just wanted her opinions to stand on their own.

So she chose a guy name like Lugnuts, and no one ever questioned it.

Until Valentines Day, when she wrote that a guy should give his girl a great massage, and not expect any reciprocation....just give her the massage and let her fall asleep, happy and relaxed.

Well, 21 has been around enough massages to understand that this is not something ANY man has ever said, EVER, and anyway, any massage worth having should make the lucky girl crazed to reciprocate.

'You are a chick,' I wrote.
    'How did you know?' she answered.

Then we segued into a Tastes Great Less Filling reenactment, ripped each others dresses, and ruined the rest of the thread.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As recently as four days ago, someone called her "brother" on a thread. So y'all must not have sold the catfight enough.

10. I have no doubt that Luggie is all woman.
    Rrrrowwrrrrrr.

11. Rico_The_Redneck deserves some mention as well.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A second vote for Piotr Rasputin. I've mentioned it before. That was my first choice of handle when I signed up, but he beat me to it. I have variants of that on Yahoo and on one other message board.

Draft saved Draft deleted