1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are YOU thankful for?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Nov 26, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Chet.

The things I'm thankful for:
    - A healthy, happy and very active 1-year old Little E
    - A wonderful wife
    - A 15-week internship that I like in the field I'm going into
    - Good teachers where I'm learning a lot about the new career I'm about enter
    - Good health

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I am thankful for everything, good and bad. You see, I've learned that God handles everything. And sometimes, things that are good are bad and things that are bad are good.
    And Chet here is wishing you and the family the best through a tough time. My prayers are with you.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my daughter, who turns two on sunday. she is the most amazing and incredible person i have ever known.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm thankful for the homemade peanut butter pie I brought home last night. It was the only leftover I took home. I'm so stupid.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Drip is Job

But like Drip, I am thankful for the many blessings in my life, including my family, my wife, my kids and good health.

I am not thankful for my tendency to put off stuff that needs to get done. I'm gonna blame that on the Devil, though.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Chet,

I am very sorry for your loss.

Thankful for - even a bit late on this Thanksgiving weekend.

- Still haven't screwed up my marraige
    - Still haven't screwed up my kids.
    - Still have a job - for a few more months at the most
    - Have a "make it/break it" interview next week to get OUT of journalism. Hope I don't screw that up.
    - My positive attitude towards everything. :)

Have a great Thanksgiving.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Chet,

I have no words to help you. Just thoughts and prayers.

I am thankful for my new nephew. I love his smile - it makes me so unabashedly happy. Just to see it.

I am thankful for laughter. And everyone who provides it.

I am thankful for Broncos football (both Boise State and Denver). Thanks for the ride.

And, more than anything, I am thankful that I have supportive family and friends to be thankful for...it would be so awful (for me) being alone. Thank you to them, more than anything else.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm thankful for all of my blessings, notably my friends, my family and especially my three wonderful sons. They try my patience from time to time but I know for a fact that I try theirs too as we try to make a go of it in this crazy world.

I'm also somewhat thankful for the difficulties in my life and for the learning opportunities that have come out of those difficulties. I believe our character is formed (and revealed) by the challenges we face and how we deal with them. I've dealt with a number of challenges in my 39 years and 10 months on this planet, some tougher than others, and I'm proud to have come through them with new perspectives and, for the most part, a smile on my face.

If I've learned anything lately, it's that anything worth having is worth working and fighting for.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all. :)

9. I'm thankful for my parents, for housing me and helping me through the most difficult time of my life.

I'm thankful for my sister, for becoming my best friend, advising me and supporting me.

I'm thankful for the rest of my family, for their kind words and support.

I'm thankful for my friends, for buying me drinks and listening to me bitch.

I'm thankful for my soon-to-be-ex, for forcing me to grow up, develop character and find God.

And cheesy as it may seem, I'm thankful for SJ for giving me a forum to post my many cathartic rants and offering feedback.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm thankful Care_Bear's avatar hasn't mowed us all down. And for a buncha stuff in my life.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hahahaha.....that makes two of us!! :D

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Cheap beer, a warm seat and no holes in my pockets.

Draft saved Draft deleted