1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you getting your significant other for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Coal. 8)

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

How did you guess?

3. That's why I would take your Saturn. Then I wouldn't have to worry about that. By the way, you aren't even worthy enough for coal this year. All you have is empty boxes under the tree.

4. we just bought a king size mattress and bed frame, so we're cutting back on presents. We're just doing stockings this year. So I'm getting her a Less Than Jake shirt that she likes, some socks, a package of milano cookies....and I forgot the other thing :(

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, if you've worn out the old bed I think that other present was... :p

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

On my wife's birthday this year I took the day off from work, slept in :), then took her to the Museum of Modern Art for the Van Gogh exhibit, followed by a fancy lunch at their nice restaurant. She really liked that I took the day off for her. Anyway, there was a scarf she lingered over for a long time at the museum shop, so I think I'll take a walk over at lunch break next week and pick it up for her.

[​IMG]

I could still use a few more ideas, though, so please get this thread moving a little. Thanks.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Yeah, this is tough. We were just talking about it. We blew so much money on that New York trip, and now have decided to spend Christmas in Charlotte and New Years in Boston that travel is eating up our whole budget. I suggested we get very creative as we both are and come up with stuff that doesn't cost that much. One gift I gave for the bday celebration in New York was a favorite book from childhood after an earlier discussion about it. It was a complete and perfect surprise.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One Charlotte present suggestion: Have a photo taken with a certain statue in the city. Priceless.

Back on topic: What is a "significant other"? This loner thing has kinda stuck to me. 8)

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A good friend gave me a velvet scarves this woman makes several years ago. Her stuff is tremendous.

http://www.maryjaneartwear.com/about.html

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you craft or bake, you could make something for your S.O. My family decided to cut back on Christmas by making everything ourselves this year. There are some fairly simple craft projects that result in really cool things.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm just hoping the most recent ex-significant other doesn't call, e-mail or facebook in an attempt to send me a friendly Christmas greeting. It's the most she can do.

12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Sam, what statue? Not that familiar with Charlotte. It's where my brother lives. As for SO, it's your wife/husband, boyfriend/girlfriend or lover, whichever you have.

Draft saved Draft deleted