1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Ducks on one TV, Dodgers on the other.

unnamed.jpg

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bottle of Jordan to go with my porterhouse

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Tangier, a pretty good easy drinking IPA from Southern Tier. Earlier had Chained To the Dead, a sweet smooth stout from Rushing Duck. It's named after a death metal band, which has performed at Rushing Duck Brewery.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Two hours ago, at the Guinness grand opening weekend right here in MD. New brewery and a (temporary) tap room. Soon to have a full tap room next summer.

Tried their Golden Ale #1 and #2.

Highly recommend the #1.

@spikechiquet - another excuse to visit this area someday!

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, I do know one of the brewers. She (Hollie) came from Highland. Another (Peter) came from Stone. Guinness ain't effin' around.

6. Vombatus

I was wondering about how Guinness selected Peter and Hollie.

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Hollie and Peter worked at Stone together. She left to take over at Highland as the Brewmaster. Then Peter moved to Guinness and asked her to join him. So now Highland, in the midst of a rebranding effort, is doing a "team effort" instead of trying to hire a new Brewmaster.

cjericho likes this.
  8. cjericho

Society and Solitude #6 by Hill Farmstead. A very good double IPA that my buddy gave me for picking up some Rushing Duck for him. Didn't even realize Hill Farmstead had cans, have to ask my buddy when that started or does anyone here know.

9. cjericho

Lil Shimmy Ye, a good pale ale by Twin Elephant Brewery in Chatham, NJ. Chatham is a very nice town, little too upper crust for me, but my buddy picked this up.

spikechiquet likes this.
  10. cjericho

Haze, an 8.2% double IPA from Tree House. First time visiting the new location today. Was about 25 degrees with a nice wind, but the line was less than an hour. Nice to take a day off from work to make a Tree House run with my buddy. Followed it with lunch at BT's Smokehouse. The Bison Burger is great.

11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Flyette wanted a celebration beer since she finished her semester strong this fall. Looked in the fridge and found a 2015 Founders Blushing Monk. It was straight-up raspberry wine, outstanding. Have bottles from 2007, 2011, 2014 and 2015 on the shelf - going to have to set up a vertical soon.

Followed up with some tasty hoppyness with the kid and Mrs Fly...Transient Mind to Devour, Bellwoods Runes and Half Acre Freedom of '78

spikechiquet and cjericho like this.
  12. Vombatus

Narragansett. I'm telling war stories.

cjericho likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted