1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Tonight is my anniversary and we are going to a our favorite restaurant, which is a BYO. This winter, I provided some advice to a friend with respect to one of his employees who was threatening to sue and he gave me a ridiculous bottle of wine (Stag's Leap Cask 23) when they resolved the matter.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Never lived on the East Coast, just fortunate enough to know people in the industry. Got to do a tour of New England three years ago, hitting breweries and cemeteries (Mrs. Fly doing genealogy on her family's early roots).

Will likely get a couple days in Philly later this month, then to my family reunion in southern Maryland. Looking forward to a Tired Hands visit, loved all of their saisons and IPAs I've tried. And a Dinic's roast pork sandwich.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Unsweetened mint iced tea after mowing the lawn (company coming tomorrow). One of those super humid days when even the coldest beer tastes too sticky to refresh.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Fluctuation, an 8.1% double IPA from Equilibrium in Middletown NY. Very good, similar to West Coast IPAs.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

unsweet tea, my usual while taking Norco :)

6. cjericho

Firestone Stickee Monkee 12.5%, they call it a strong ale, thought it was a Belgian Quad. Like this one a lot, probably better than Parabola, think it's the molasses and syrupy texture.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Little Sunpin Sumpin Ale and a shot of DonJulio

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    spikechiquet likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks, 3-oz. pour.

9. Picked up a six-pack of Golden Road's Pico to Mexico
    Get this: "Cucumber Lime lager with a hint of habanero flavor."
    It tasted like cucumber water (which is only for customers!).
    On a hot day, this might be really good, ice cold. It wasn't bad.
    As for the habanero flavor.... I couldn't taste it. But after a half can my gut told me I need some prevacid.

10. cjericho

Sometimes you get the flavor in one can but not another. One of my favorites is Westbrook Mexican Cake, which has cocoa nibs, vanilla and habanero, Usually you get the habanero on the finish, but had two bottles this year and pretty much no heat. Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin is pretty consistent with the heat. Never had any Golden Road, may have to try that.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had that Pico beer as well. No heat, maybe a lingering tingle but didn't get heat. I wasn't a fan.

Lots of "beer news" in the last few weeks:
    - Anchor bought by Sapporo
    - Short's sells 19.99% of company to Heiniken (I mean Lagunitas)
    - 21st Amendment and Funkwerks partner with Brooklyn Brewery
    - Constellation Brands (Ballast Point owner) buys Funky Buddha
    - New Belgium buys Magnolia Brewing

And I may have missed a few off the top of my head.

12. I tried Ballast Point... some grapefriut beer that was AWFUL.
    Haven't had anything from them since.

Draft saved Draft deleted