1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

plain black coffee

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Drafty Kilt Scotch Ale from Monday Noght Brewing. Not a big fan.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Visited Ravenswood on my trip to Sonoma and joined their wine club. Just got a case of their single vineyard zins. Grilled a porterhouse tonight and sipping some of their Bedrock zin. I've had worse nights.

cjericho and ChrisLong like this.
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. This is underrated. Founders KBS may be a bit overrated. Not that KBS isn't great, but SMS is very close.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ruffino tan. The gold is only for the weekends.

6. cjericho

Samo, a citrusy IPA from LIC Beer Project.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I had an SMS over the weekend. Wow. I agree with your assessment, except that KBS is overrated. They're both really fucking good.

8. cjericho

Maybe just that SMS is underrated or underhyped and is more available in NJ and PA than Founders. The last two years I split a case of KBS with a buddy who lives pretty close to Weyerbacher. Lot of stores in NJ, KBS is two bottles for person and it's usually $6-8 a bottle. One place was selling it for $11 a bottle, which is like NYC prices. The same stores have SMS 4 packs, usually for $16-18. The SMS is on the shelves, the KBS is in the back and most places do a list.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I recently had a KBS from 2015. Found it too boozy. Maybe I screwed up the aging, but I don't how that would be the result.

10. cjericho

Had two this year and they were pretty smooth. My buddy just gave me one from 15, haven't had it yet. Don't think I've ever held one for more than 2 years. Did you have Firestone Bravo this year? That was quite boozy. Sometimes it varies. Dogfish Worldwide Stout is about 18% abv, but every one I've had has been smooth. Other beers that are less ABV sometimes taste a lot more boozy.

11. cjericho

Don't Sweat The Technique, Barrier Brewing and Other Half Brewing collab for a very good double dry-hopped IPA.

12. cjericho

Vulgar Display of Flower, a very good double IPA from Equilibrium Brewery in Middletown, NY. A 32 oz growler my buddy picked up last week, offered some to Mrs but she had two glasses of Barefoot Pinot. Her loss, this stuff is great, wish I had another growler. Equlibrium's tap room has only been opened for a couple months, but they've been brewing for a little bit longer. Probably the smartest craft brewers in the USA, two MIT grads.

Draft saved Draft deleted