1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Trillium Fort Point Ale. Just got from buddy today. He wanted Magnify from release a week ago. Got this and three others, same ones as other buddy gave me Super Bowl Sunday. They both went to EBF, Treehouse and Trillium. day before Super Bowl. Been to Treehouse three times, have to get to Trillium.

spikechiquet likes this.
  2. cjericho

Bell's Hopslam. Were there bottles this year? In NY, only saw cans. Two years ago, thought had more honey flavor in the bottle.

3. cjericho

The Shape of Hops to Come, a double IPA from Neshaminy CReek Brewing Co. Lot better than expected, had just a few Neshaminy and all were mediocre. Buddy was there a week ago and brought this and a couple other cans back.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    spikechiquet likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

An E. Guigal Cotes de Rhone white. Pretty good for only $13 a bottle. I have not joined the beer revolution because Alice prefers wine, my daughter is in the wine business, and you get used to it.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Weller Special Reserve. Not so special. Good for an Old Fashioned.

7. cjericho

Definitely can tell it's bourbon barrel aged, feels like it's more than 8 %.

8. cjericho

Unjunct, a smooth stout by Carton Brewing Co. Carton is more known for their IPAs, but this is solid.

spikechiquet likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Couple of Woodford Reserve samples at the end of the tour. The first was regular Woodford and it was good, although spicier than I care for. Then we tried the Double Oaked.

Oh. My. God.

I've had fun trying a handful of different bourbons the last couple of years, but this is the first time I've had one of those epiphany breakthroughs you hear people going on and on about. Sublime. Vanilla and butterscotch flavors but not cloyingly sweet at all. Ridiculously good.

10. cjericho

Last Hopslam, probably until 18, unless another buddy picked up some that I didn't know about.

Speaking of Woodford, got a Fifty Fifty Eclipse Woodford, haven't tried that one yet. Had Elijah Craig and Coffee from 15.

11. cjericho

Forever Simcoe by Other Half Brewing Company. a very good double IPA, not sure I'd wait 2 hours on line for it, but sometimes that is the wait in Brooklyn. This one I got from a buddy, who got from someone else.

12. cjericho

Citrapollo, a very good citrusy double IPA by Magnify. Maybe not as good as Treehouse, Trillium or Other Half but don't have to wait 2-3 hours in line, although the demand is growing.

Draft saved Draft deleted