1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The lack of beer is not an accident. In December stouts become a basic food group for me. My belt knows it, too.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hannaford's Cranberry Lime seltzer

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We are closing in on 10 weeks to due date, so I'm about to go back on the wagon.
    Which'll have to last through the newborn phase.
    (I can't believe we're going through this again.)

I think I've got one last night of drinking to get in, though.

4. Dick Whitman

Oh, hell, these periods are when I did my most drinking.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

As we get close to the due date, I have to be capable of taking my wife to the hospital.
    And during the newborn phase I have to have my wits for overnight feeds, etc.

It really is the worst.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I loved getting up with my kids overnight when they were newborns. It was often the only time I could have a beer in relaxing silence.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Does dessert with liquor in it count? Am having Haagen-Daas vanilla with orange chunks and Grand Marnier.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Blend of 2/3 Founders Breakfast Stout and 1/3 Founders Rubaeus.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Bourbon Cty Stout. Excellent, think a little better than 15. Still have 4 left from 15. This is the first of 6 from this year and also 1 coffee, which is in very few places in NY and NJ. Have to get out to Ill one year, maybe visit the wife's friends, relatives for Thanksgiving.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You mix Founders Breakfast Stout????

11. Dick Whitman

Some of the '15s don't taste quite right because they were somehow compromised in production. You can look up the bottles on dates. I think I have four left from last year plus five stouts and two barley wines from this year. Wish they still were 12 ounces.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Yep, not a big stout fan to begin with and don't like coffee. Generally, if I drink FBS "straight" it'll be at least six months aged to take some of the coffee edge off.

Draft saved Draft deleted