1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Transient Artisan Ales Weko, an all-Michigan ingredient American Pale w/Brett. Super bretty as well as juicy hops, I dig it a lot.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

While not what I am drinking, I saw this yesterday starring my buddy Dave, who is a brewer with Goose. It's a riff on Drunk History, to promote their upcoming smoked kellerbier 1516. They did a fine job with this.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Alchemist Focal Banger. IMHO, better than the more highly touted Heady Topper.

4. cjericho

5. cjericho

Sunday Mole Stout from Weyerbacher. My buddy said this was similar to Westbrook Mexican Cake. Not really. More like Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Agreed, and to me it's not even close.

That said, haven't had either in two-plus years. Need to get back to New England.

7. cjericho

went to VT in April, prefer ME but both very nice. don't know if i'd say disappointed, but expected to be more blown away by heady. actually thought fiddlehead second fiddle also a little better than heady. i guess heady has been the gold standard for hoppy IPAs at least on the east coast. think treehouse has surpassed alchemist, but their best stuff is more citrus so it's a little different.

Fly likes this.
  8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Agreed re: Fiddlehead (as a whole and Second Fiddle specifically). Really enjoyed our time there. Still think the gold-standard I've had are Lawson's Double Sunshine and Triple Sunshine, but I've only tried a couple of the early-day versions of Treehouse's stuff. I know a couple people who work there but still can't get them to send me some samples :)

9. cjericho

only had sip of sunshine, but my buddy who trades and spends way too much for me on craft beers, says he likes double and triple better than anything in VT. did you hear when Treehouse is going to open the new place? buddy said supposed to be soon, he's made at least 10 trips up there, just 2 for me.

last week they had juice machine, think it was 300 cases. gone in a few hrs on thurs. we each got 8 cans of green on fri and waited less than an hour. as great as anything is not sure i'd stand in that field for 3+ hrs. got the cans of green, which was very good. also a growler of juice machine, which was great.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

"Soon" is what I have heard as well. We shall see.

Did the whole beer chase scene for too long, though I made some life-long friendships with people across the country because of it. No regrets, though I am too "seasoned" to do it now. #getoffmylawn

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Makers Mark on deck. This damn debate has my nerves on edge.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pot of high-caffeine Negro beans called Excelsior. Not as bold as it could be but I may just need a second cup.

Draft saved Draft deleted