1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Marzens might be my favorite beers. I'm going to load up.

maumann likes this.
  2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I was tempted to buy the 28 pack at Sam's Club this weekend, was $29. A 12-er was $16 ... but I have soooo much beer in the fridge right now, so I skipped it. I may revisit it in a week or so though. LOL

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sam Adams was the first "craft beer" I ever tasted. It's stil my "go to" if there isn't anything else I haven't tried on a beer list.
    Drank some 10 Barrel tonight - a lot of people out this way swore off the stuff when they sold out to AB. but they still put out a quality brew. Any fans east of Oregon?

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Wasted: How the Craft-Beer Movement Abandoned Jim Koch

Good article on how Sam Adams became a tweener beer.

When I used to cross into the PNW for golf trips on a fairly regular basis, I always bought a 12 of Fat Tire and a 12 is High Life. I’m sure Fat Tire was already past it’s moment but it was right in my taste wheelhouse.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Gotten into cocktails the past month. This was a pretty good recommendation from a friend which I made tonight:

1.5 oz good rum
    1 oz calvados
    1 oz falernum
    3/4 oz lemon juice
    Dash of Angustura
    Thin lemon wheel
    Shake

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty good, actually. With fewer resources, I had a couple of Tanqueray and tonics tonight. Tanqueray is my G&T gin, Beefeater my martini gin (after Labor Day only, please).

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Talisker 10. Great pour.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Had a couple of great mojitos today.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Leinenkugel Vanilla Porter (seasonal) - the flavor of a heavier brew, but it really doesn't hammer you that much. I'm gonna miss those Holiday Ale Fests this year. Shoot - I might have even done a SANTA CON.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We went apple picking a couple of weeks ago and I bought a ginger flavored cider, which was ok and a bottle of apple wine as a lark. Just tried it with dinner and it was horrid.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Gosling's Black Seal Rum

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Splenda sweetened iced tea but when I eat dinner here in a bit, I'm going to pop open the Yuengling Hershey’s Chocolate Porter and enjoy myself very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted