1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you doing Feb. 4?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Drip, Jan 26, 2009.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

He should. Seriously.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

They can't pass the darn entrance exams, so what difference does it make? Seriously, I covered a GREAT HS QB last fall, could really become a solid college QB with the proper coaching. But the poor kid can't pass the tests, so no four-year school is giving him the time of day.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

wfw!!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Probably pondering the perfect ways to kill a co-worker, but, like usual, I'll chicken out.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Most overrated day of the year ... cover your schools' list, the finer points of it, add some depth and commentary from the people involved.

Look, if you've got a stud player going to a major U. and you're in a smaller area, chances are, you've written 9,481 pieces on this kid already. What new ground is there to break?

6. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Out of 30 high schools, we might have one kid sign, and I mean actually sign per year. I'm talking all levels, too. Not just NCAA, but NAIA and NJCAA. No talent here whatsoever. We might have one or two football players walk on to the doormat NCAA D-I team 150 miles away later on. Not that it matters because said team hasn't sniffed .500 in about a decade. So, it's just another day to me.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Playing blackjack at the Trop or the Rio.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Playing blackjack, also

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if we could set up a hot tub signing photo this year. It's the 20th anniversary of Jessie Armstead.

10. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Huh?

11. KG

KG Active Member

I luff you for that answer.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

armistead wasn't the one who signed while in a hot tub. that was derric evans.

Draft saved Draft deleted