1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you asking for for Christmas/Hanukkah?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Oct 31, 2014.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I leave that crap to Coldcat! He's the romancer of the bunch. haha

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I always ask for books - and provide a wish list for those who choose to use the list.

By the way, I have a Kindle but I really prefer reading an old fashioned book

3. Mostly things that will help me with my transition from writer to teacher, including funds to pay for the certification courses, a place to live when I move, etc.

If that fails and people ask for materials to get, I'm always open to a new (and cheaper, if someone else is getting it) laptop or a tablet, because my laptop is shitting the bed and I don't have a tablet. I figure, hey, it helps me now and in the long-term. I don't need much, just for it to work Office features and be able to play YouTube.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

If you don't have good shoes for being on your feet all day, ask for those. They'll come in handy when you make the transition. Trust me!

5. haha, so I'm learning. I'm on my feet a lot when I cover football practices, so I usually wear my running shoes. I bought a $120 pair for $60 or so around New Year's, and I plan on doing the same this year. The first pair don't have a lot of mileage but I figure I can take the deal and have a pair that aren't "highlighter yellow"

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

A new car. Just kidding ... or am I?

The older I get, the less I care about material things, so I'm not asking for anything for the holiday season.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd really like a new video card and 16 gig of ram.

We'll see if that actually happens though.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We're not doing gifts this year.
    Translation: I get something for the wife and I get nothing.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Very true. There's no way there won't be some presents under the tree for my wife. I'm not running that risk. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted