1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you asking for for Christmas/Hanukkah?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Oct 31, 2014.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

After an exhausting 15 months in command which ends Tuesday at 1115 CST, I'm asking for time. Time home in the evenings. Time to actually go to soccer and t-ball games. Time to work in the yard. Time to brew better beer. Time to spend with my wife and family.

We're starting with a Disney trip over Christmas week.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I don't want or need a whole lot - maybe some craft and/or imported beer - but I could really use a full-time job.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

See, that's exactly why I started this thread. I've never even heard of a 4K TV.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You might consider a 3' or 4" memory foam bed topper. $100 to 300 depending on size and quality. Best money I ever spent, bed wise.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Best Christmas present you could ever give yourself, IMO.

Got one of those then-top of the line Tempurpedics about 9 years ago - think it was about $5,000 or so - and haven't regretted it one day since. Wife and I didn't realize how much good sleep we were missing because we went cheap on a mattress, and had forgotten what life was like without having pretty chronic and regular back pain.

My wife is wanting one of those FitBit/Jawbone Up, etc. bands. Anyone have one and can recommend or not recommend a particular type?

6. RecoveringJournalist

I have the FitBit Force. I love it. It's the one that's being recalled. I've had no issues with it, but I'm still sending it back so I can get the one Smartwatch (FitBit Surge) that comes out next year.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I had a meeting with a tech wizard in Palo Alto recently and he was pretty excited about this one.

http://store.misfit.com/products/misfit-shine

Waterproof. Comes in different colors and you can wear it with a band or clip on. Battery lasts about six months -- doesn't recharge.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I wanted a waterbed but I am feeling that is a very 90s sort of thing by now.
    Denied by my Caesar, my wife.

9. RecoveringJournalist

More like 1970s.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Well, there's that one thing you always wanted as a boy that you spend adulthood chasing.
    For me it's a waterbed and a Harley. Not going to have either.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I really could use new socks and underwear over anything else. Good heavens, I sound like my father.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Getting a pair of these soon. Hope the steak outweighs the sizzle.

[​IMG]

It's the stay put legs that intrigues me. Always hard to find boxers or briefs that won't stay down and instead bunch up.

http://mackweldon.com/products/BoxerBrief?color=Mineral+Yellow&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=desktop_rbbtb_yellow&utm_medium=boxerbriefs

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted