1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you asking for for Christmas/Hanukkah?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Oct 31, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Very true.

I would love to get one of those Reverie beds. I think they're about $3K, which I don't think is that crazy.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm asking for these.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

We're getting a TV.

It's funny, we got a 60-inch TV 10 years ago with our wedding money and it was almost $5K. It was absolute top of the line at the time.

Now, it looks like a relic and we can get a 70-inch flat screen for $2K.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Movie theater gift cards. I/we like to go to to the movies that's an easy buy and one I'll use.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Well good luck with it. Great hobby.
    I regret not taking lessons, but I don't have a lot of natural musical ability.
    I'm a pretty good player, but it took me a lot longer learning on my own.
    I had some piano lessons as a kid, and I took music theory in college. That helped with my musical comprehension.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

A cure for multiple sclerosis, but I guess that's impossible.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Wife has been having lower back pain lately. We think it's the bed.
    Want the kind where the partner can get up in the middle of the night or early morning and the bed doesn't even flinch.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'd like a free trip back to high school
    for an exhausting role in a Poin File story.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Better yet, get a 65-inch 4K TV for $2,500. There's not a lot of 4K content available right now, but if you're spending that kind of money and planning to keep it for the next 5-10 years, you're better off getting a 4K than 1080p.

That's what we're doing for Christmas this year. We're remodeling our house, so we're stuck living at my in-laws' house until February. With little room left for "stuff," we're just going to skip giving each other gifts and get a nice new TV for when the house is finished. Hoping to hit a good sale on Black Friday.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Careful what you wish for.
    The new TVs watch you, too.

http://bit.ly/1zj4bdo

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Haven't asked in a long time, I buy myself what I want. This year I'm planning to treat myself to the newest Kindle Fires. I can get a Fire 8.9 inch with 32GB storage and a keyboard for $500 -- the same as an iPad with 16GB storage and no keyboard. No thanks, Apple.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Maybe ask for a gift card to a place where they sell them (Best Buy, Amazon) and specify what you'll be spending it on.

I never know what I want for Christmas. This year, I moved into a smaller apartment that has pretty much zero space for anything new. What I need is money to pay my bills and gift cards to food places. Oh, and a full-time job. It would be the merriest Christmas of all if I got one of those by the end of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted