1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are we allowed to talk about?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 17, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the rules is a prohibition against starting threads criticizing moderating decisions. To answer the thread question: whatever the chrismba overlords allow us to talk about.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You can always quit if you don't like it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You guys aren't getting off that easy.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Kurt Warner.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I don't see this thread being locked as the slings and arrows are coming the mods' way, though I can't speak for chrismba and he/she might reach for the padlock. I can't speak for the other mods, but I'm fine having the discussion. Ask/criticize away. But the rules that are currently in place that virtually everyone knows about -- including the "newbies" -- weren't followed in the "civil" preschool thread.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It veered into a political discussion and it didn't have to be. There was a good discussion to be had about the importance of preschooling, but you and others decided not to allow that to happen.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You are constantly doing this "usual suspects" thing and commenting about everyone else -- "they" are the problem.

Go back and look at YOUR post on that thread. And all your other posts that have inflamed threads that could have skated along fine, if you had just stayed away instead of having to be "that guy."

Unfortunately, it is the usual suspects on here. And most of them have no clue that they have killed it for everyone else. It's "that other guy."

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's part of the plan:

SCENE: ANY MESSAGE BOARD OR FORUM ON THE INTERWEBS.

Poster 1: Gee how about that weather we've been having.

Poster 2: Seems OK to me.

Poster 3: I don't like it.

Poster 4: It sucks and this never used to happen before (Certain Reviled Political Figure) took office!!

Poster 5: Yeah you're right. It's been way too hot ever since (Certain Reviled Political Figure) took office!!

Poster 3: Now that you mention it, it's been raining too much lately. Thanks a lot, (Certain Reviled Political Figure)!!

Poster 2: I don't think (Certain Reviled Political Figure) has anything to do with it.

Poster 5: You're swallowing the MSM narrative. They're all in the bag for (Certain Reviled Political Figure).

Poster 3: I heard in the nation (Certain Reviled Political Figure) comes from, the weather sucks all the time. He probably likes it this way. Asshole.

Poster 4: I guess now that (Certain Reviled Political Figure) is in charge, we can look forward to nonstop continuation of this shitty weather.

Poster 6: FUCK (Certain Reviled Political Figure) !!!! WE WANT OUR COUNTREE BACK!!

HUNDREDS OF LURKERS: (Vague feeling of unrest looking out the window at bad weather. Yeah, things seem to have gotten worse since Certain Reviled Political Figure took office.)

PUBLIC OPINION POLLSTERS calling Hundreds of Lurkers later that week: What political figure do you support?

Hundreds of Lurkers: Well it sure as hell isn't (Certain Reviled Political Figure). I heard on the Intertubes that ever since he took office, the weather has gone to hell.

9. Starman

The number of threads I'VE gotten killed around here can be counted on one fucking hand, Professor.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You are clueless beyond belief.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I always wondered why one of the sections here is called Anything Goes.

I don't care if the owners of this site doesn't want to allow Political Threads, but why call it Anything Goes.

My two cents....I know, pretty boring.

12. Starman

My post on that thread was made for a specific reason. Let me explain it for you if you can't figure it out.

The thread was a perfect example of one of the favorite tactics of 'the plan': Go into a forum in which political argument is not permitted, hijack an utterly unrelated thread and use it as a platform to snark and bitch about the politician you hate.

So yeah, if a thread about preschool education is suddenly going to be jacked into yet another right-wing bitch-fest about Obama, why not ask them how his ass tastes?

If we're going to have a no politics rule, fine. Have a NO POLITICS rule.

Draft saved Draft deleted