1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some cool gifts to ask for for Christmas, etc...?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I am still reeling from the mom who asked her lawyer to change her prison report date so she could attend a Kei$ha concert. Well, that and the fact she chose incarceration over probation.

2. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Update: I asked her to marry me Thursday night in front of the big tree at Opryland Hotel. She said yes immediately and we celebrated by watching the Rockettes' Christmas show at The Grand Ole Opry.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Mazel tov!

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

congrats, CKK.

6. Congratulations man. I'm popping the question myself on Christmas morning.

7. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Good luck!

Having a hard time remembering when I felt more nervous than right before the proposal.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jeez. What the hell is in the water these days?? Congrats to all. May you enjoy many years of wedded bliss.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

i enjoy hearing these stories. by the time i 'proposed' to mrs. shockey we'd been together so long and spoken about marriage so much there was really no suspense when i formally asked her and presented her with the engagement ring. so no nerves on my part at all. not at all like it was always portrayed in movies and on tv shows.

a little suspense/drama would've made our 'proposal' story more romantic, i suppose.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Congrats to both of you.

I'm the opposite of Shockey; for some reason I proposed to my wife 3 weeks after I met her and we married 8 mos. later (no kid in the oven.) I/we were in the right stage of our lives I guess and we are at 16 yrs and going strong.

Good luck to you both.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's not really the full story. It's not like you guys just met then!

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I really want that Ravish Sitar pedal from EHX, but I didn't put it on my Xmas list. I figured it was too expensive.
    Man, I want that pedal. I'm becoming obsessed with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted