1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some cool gifts to ask for for Christmas, etc...?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 11, 2012.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This year's "big box" gift for me and Mrs. Albert has been dictated by circumstances. Our deep freezer died after more than 25 years of service (and, God, what a nasty job cleaning out that thing was).

Fortunately, the vacation fund we had started for next summer has about $1,100, so we don't have to go in debt for a new one.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I found some of these at a music store in Pasadena three or four years ago, and I love them:
    http://www.pointlesspicks.com/

I have a habit of spinning the pick, so I play with these - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/everly-star-grip-guitar-pick-dozen - but I sand the attack point down so it has the same rounded profile as the other corners. The cutout helps you maintain your grip, and sanding the point down means your attack depth doesn't changer if you sping the pick.

After I found the pointless picks, I switched to a combination - pointless pick for acoustic strumming and bass, reshaped star pick for electric or more intricate acoustic playing.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Mizzou, I know the feeling. My b-day is on 12/22 so I get a little cash for that and Christmas...which pays for birthday presents for my mom and grandmother on 1/2.

If you're really stumped, ask for a few gift cards to your favorite eateries so you can treat yourself (and maybe your wifey) throughout the year. Or if you're a health nut, a gym membership.

Even if you're not into traveling, an overnight stay at a nice local bed and breakfast is nice.

Amazon gift cards are great, since you can buy yourself just about anything on Amazon.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Horse head mask. At first it's WTF then you put it on after you get it and the laughs start flowing.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

She didn't say, 'yes,' just yet. Hopefully she does, though.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

For my buddy's sake, I hope she does too.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/14759/save-up-for-the-2012-uni-watch-gift-guide

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I already posted this on the penis thread, but honestly this is the funniest thing I have come across in a long while. Any woman with a sense of humor would get a kick out of this. Recipes are easy as shit, too:

[​IMG]

And the back:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would have guessed According to Jim boxed set.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

He's watching Teen Mom right now and giggling. I mean, really??

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's on Discovery watching I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant while you are sleeping.

12. That one mom from South Dakota has been studying for her GED longer than it takes someone to start college and finish medical school.

Draft saved Draft deleted