1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are My Chances?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree with the others. Go for it. Little or nothing to lose by applying. Tweak the resume to emphasize "transferable skills".

One hiring manager told me years ago that when companies post an ad for a position, they list as many desirable qualities as possible, knowing full well that they are unlikely to get a candidate who matches every single criteria perfectly. Someone my have InDesign experience. Someone else may have a corporate or government background. Someone else might have both, but be 1,000 miles away. So you set the bar and see what responses you get, being willing to compromise.

Good luck to you.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Thanks for all the input people. I'm taking Wednesday night to tweak and polish my resume. I will be applying.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good luck to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted