1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are giving up for Lent?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 24, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Then you better pound what you have before midnight!

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Huh, huh, huh.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Abstinence.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I have given up beer for a month before, but that was more of a spontaneous thing and I don't have many vices. Can't really give up coffee, Don't smoke and stay away from junk food for the most part. beer is the one thing I have. I do stay away from meat on Fridays though. Maybe I'll actually go to services for once.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I like to give up the really important stuff.. so, I shall be giving up thinking reasonably... I shall give up differentiating between the things I can change and the things I cannot .... I shall give up being polite and having any patience.....that's way more fun that giving up wine!

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Going to take another swipe at ditching the cancer sticks. Also: Singing show tunes, daily underwear changes, exhibitionism, the works of Kajagoogoo and stalking hot microbiologists.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Everything.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Even Big Macs?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Observing Lent is probably the most Catholic thing I still do. Gave up alcohol for Lent one year to see if I could (the Irish curse runs in the family), a good experience. Parties weren't as fun, people weren't as cool as I thought they were.
    This year I'm thinking of giving up sugar in my coffee and fried foods.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Shopping at Burberry. Man, that is going to be tough.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

12. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I'm giving up all of you asshats who are still making fun of me a year later for a stupid comment when Brad Renfro died. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted